Many new Volgistics users choose to convert volunteer data from their other programs into Volgistics using this free Import Utility.
About the Volgistics Import Utility
- The Import Utility is a stand-alone Windows program you run on your computer to convert simple volunteer data from an existing database into your Volgistics account.
- The Import Utility is not compatible with Mac OS
- You must run the Utility at a computer that has an Internet connection. It uses secure (SSL) network connections to protect the privacy of your information as it is converted into Volgistics.
- You can use the Import Utility to import basic volunteer information from any "flat" delimited-text file (like CSV). For more complex data conversions consider our Jump-Start Service.
- The PDF guide included with the free import utility lists all of the specific fields you can import in Appendix C.
- You must have a free trial or paid Volgistics account to use the Import Utility.
- Depending on the complexity of the data files you want to convert, volunteer leaders may need to involve their IT department or a qualified paid or volunteer support person. Organizations that do not want to convert their existing data files themselves should consider the Volgistics Jump-Start Service.
- Volgistics can provide online technical support with the operation of the Import Utility and advise on general Volgistics data conversion questions. Users of the Import Utility are responsible for converting data to tab or comma delimited files (if necessary), determining what information their current data files contain and how it is organized, and where individual fields should be converted to in Volgistics.
ImportUtility.Zip (Updated June 10, 2019)
- Create a Windows folder for the Import Utility.
- Download the file and unzip the contents into the Import Utility folder
- Read the Import Utility documentation VIMPORT.PDF
- Run VIMPORT.EXE to start the Import Utility.
The documentation included with the Import Utility provides answers to the most common questions. If you have additional questions, please feel free to send us an inquiry.