You can track references for volunteers on the Contacts tab in the volunteer record. To add a new reference for a volunteer:
- Choose Volunteers from the menu.
- Locate and click the volunteer's record.
- Select the Contacts tab.
- Click the Add a new contact button. This opens a new, blank Contact record.
- Enter the reference information - such as name and address. You can optionally record the reference's relationship to the volunteer using the Relationship field.
- In the Kind field, select Reference.
- Click the Save button.
If you want to track more than one reference, repeat these steps to add additional references.
If you check volunteer references, and you want to keep a record of when a particular reference was checked, use the Contacted field to show that the reference was contacted. You can also enter a date in the Verified field to show when the reference was checked.
If you use online volunteer application forms, you can ask volunteers to enter up to four references on their application. The applicant's references will appear on the Contacts tab once you receive their application.
Need additional dropdown list entries?
Volgistics Administrators may also customize fields that appear on the Contact record.