Track Multiple Addresses for the Same Volunteer¶
Tracking Multiple Addresses for the Same Volunteer
Use the Core tab in the volunteer record to store each volunteer's mailing address. This may be a home or a business address. When you run address labels or address lists, Volgistics uses the address on the Core tab as the volunteer's mailing address.
If a volunteer has more than one address, such as a home address and a business address, you can store their additional addresses on the Contacts tab in their record. You can also use this tab to store other information for the volunteer.
To add an additional address (or other information) for a volunteer:
- Choose Volunteers from the menu.
- Open the record for the volunteer for whom you want to add additional information.
- Click the Contacts tab.
- Click the Add a new contact button.
- Skip the name fields, and then select the kind of address you're entering from the Kind field dropdown. For example Seasonal address, Business address, or Home address. If your Kind field does not include these options, see the tip below for instructions on how to add them.
- Use the address fields to enter the address. Enter any other information you want to save in the appropriate fields.
- Click the Save button.
Managing Seasonal Addresses¶
If you have volunteers who live in your community on a seasonal basis (e.g. "snowbirds"), enter their local address on the Core tab and their "Seasonal address" on the Contacts tab, as described above. Then when the volunteer departs for the season, click the Swap with Core button next to their "seasonal address" on the Contacts tab. When you click the Swap with Core button, the address, phone numbers, and "Ok to call" fields on the Core tab are swapped with these fields on the Contacts tab. Repeating this process when the volunteer returns restores the local address, phone numbers, and "Ok to call" fields to the Core tab.
This technique is optional, however if you do this you can more easily keep in touch with seasonal volunteers during the periods they are away.
How to add contact kinds for additional addresses
When you use the Contacts tab to record additional addresses for a volunteer, you can use the Contact "Kind" field to indicate what kind of additional address you're entering. For example, it might be a Seasonal address, Business address, or a Home address. If the "Kind" dropdown list does not include these selections, you can add them like this:
- Choose Setup from the menu.
- Expand Field Options
- Select Contacts Tab
- Click Kind
- On the Field Properties page, enter the address kind (e.g. "Seasonal address") in the Add a new item field.
- Click the Save button.
- Tracking Multiple Contacts for Groups
- Track References
- Track Emergency Contacts
- Track Employers
- Field Customization and Configuration
- Dropdown List Customization and Maintenance
- Core Tab Overview
- Volunteer List Report - Volunteer Contacts List (stock)