You can track information about a volunteer's employer, or their profession, on the Contacts tab in the volunteer record. To add employer information for a volunteer:
- Choose Volunteers from the menu
- Locate and click the volunteer's record.
- Select the Contacts tab.
- Click the Add a new contact button. This opens a new, blank Contact record.
- Enter the employer information you want to track. For example, you can enter just the name of the employer, or you can also record a complete address.
- In the Kind field, select Employer.
- Click the Save button.
If you want to track more than one employer, repeat these steps to add additional employer records.
If you check volunteer employment records, and you want to keep a record of when a particular employer was checked, use the Contacted field to show that the employer was contacted. You can also enter a date in the Verified field to show when the employer was checked.
If you use online volunteer application forms, you can ask volunteers to enter up to four employers on their application. These could be past or current employers if you use these for background checks. The applicant's employer information will appear on the Contacts tab once you receive their application.
Need Additional Dropdown List Entries?
Volgistics Administrators may also customize fields that appear on the Contact record. In the example pictured above, the Job Title field was customized using the Spare text field on the Contacts tab.