Password Update Required¶
The Administrator(s) of the Volgistics account for your organization can require that you periodically change the password you use to access Volgistics. Changing your password periodically can improve security.
If your password expiration date is in the next 5 days, Volgistics shows you a message on the Welcome screen when you login to let you know that your password will expire soon. You can click the link in this message to change your password before it expires.
If you do not change your password before it expires, you'll be forced to change your password the first time you log in after it expires.
An expired password does not mean that your Volgistics account has expired. It simply means that you need to choose a new password for Volgistics. If it chooses to, your organization can optionally configure Volgistics so passwords do not expire.
Protect Your Account with Strong Passwords!
Volgistics takes the security of your data very seriously and follows industry best practices to make sure the system is safe. However, industry experts agree that the greatest threat to security is often the human factor presented by operators using easy-to-guess passwords. You can help prevent this by creating passwords that meet these standards:
- Are not simply a word (or string of words) found in the dictionary.
- Contain upper and lower case letters.
- Contain numbers as well as letters.
- Contain symbols (such as $, &, or *) as well as letters.
- Are adequately long. Many feel that passwords should be 14 characters or longer to be secure.
- Is unique to Volgistics. You should not use the password you create for accessing Volgistics at any other website.