Add a New System Operator¶
Creating and Maintaining System Operator Records
To add a new System Operator:
- Choose Setup from the menu.
- Select System Operators.
- Click Create a New Operator.
- Enter the information for the operator. It is also a good practice to check the box to require new operators to set a different password the first time they login. You can set password strength rules to prevent operators from picking an easy to guess password on the System Operator Ground Rules page.
- Set the permissions for the operator. System Operator Settings and How to Limit Operator Rights or Access explain more about how these options work.
- Click the Save button when you're done setting up the operator.
Let the new person know the account number, plus the email address and password you entered, so they can login to the Volgistics account. If the new operator has trouble accessing the account, double check that the email address and password being entered match the email address and password on their record exactly.
To help new Operators familiarize themselves with Volgistics, we encourage them to watch a recording of a Volgistics Demonstration and to join us for an upcoming Volgistics training event, like a Volgistics 101 webinar.
System Operators Versus Coordinators
Your organization may refer to your volunteer leaders or managers as Coordinators. This can sometimes cause confusion because in addition to System Operators Volgistics has another type of record called a Coordinator. Coordinator records are also used to manage volunteers, but they do not have the same abilities as System Operators. You can learn more about Coordinator records in Coordinator Overview.
- System Operator Settings
- Update When Someone Leaves
- Password Reset
- Account Administrator
- Limit Operator Rights or Access
- System Operator Ground Rules
- Operator Cannot Log In
- Become an Account's Administrator
- Site Level Access Overview
- Site-Level and Multi-Site Level Operators
- Example of Using Multi-Site Level Access