Monthly and On-Demand Volunteer Reminder Settings¶
You can use the Monthly & On-Demand Volunteer Reminders setup page to configure Volgistics' automated monthly schedule reminder messages as well as the on-demand schedule reminders. These messages are used to help volunteers remember the dates, times, and Assignments where they are scheduled to serve.
Schedule Reminder Settings¶
To get to the Monthly & On-Demand Volunteer Reminders setup page:
Send Monthly Reminders¶
Mark this checkbox to turn on the automated monthly schedule reminders feature. Monthly reminders will not be sent if this box is unchecked. This box does not need to be checked in order for the on-demand schedule reminders to be sent.
Send These on the Xx Day of the Preceding Month¶
Use the dropdown field to select the day of the month reminders should be sent. For example, if you choose 25th from the dropdown field, the monthly reminders for the month of April will be sent out on March 25th.
Enter the subject line you would like volunteers to see when they receive the reminder email message here.
Email and Text Reminders
Please remember if your account has enabled text messaging, volunteers can select to receive the schedule reminder messages by text instead of email. In this case, only the settings above will apply to the message. The customization you select for the other options on the page will only apply to the volunteers who choose to receive the reminders by email.
Because text messages can only contain a limited number of characters, the system sends standard reminders to volunteers who choose to receive schedule reminders by text. You can see examples of the standard reminders in the Content for Automatic Text Messages section of Text Messaging.
Top of Message¶
Enter the text you would like to appear above the schedule information in this text box.
When you customize the message content, you can do things such as add the Placeholder [[FirstName]] to have the system insert the volunteer's first name. If you use the VicTouch sign-in stations, you can also include [[number]] to remind volunteers what their PIN is set to. The codes personalize the message for each recipient. See Personalize Messages With Placeholders for more codes.
You could also add information to the message about who to contact if they have questions, or what to do if the volunteer can't make the scheduled shift. You can use the rich text editor to add formatting and text mark up to help communicate your message.
Choose one or more of the optional pieces of information for inclusion in the monthly reminder email. The system will automatically insert each recipient's information in the message.
Here's more information about what each option will put in the email message:
- Day of the week. This option adds the day of the week by the date the volunteer is scheduled. For example, if the volunteer is scheduled on March 9, 2022 and that date falls on a Wednesday, the reminder will have (Wednesday) by the date entry.
- Start time. This option adds the time the volunteer's shift is supposed to start to the reminder message.
- Stop time. This option adds the time the volunteer's shift ends to the reminder message.
- Assignment name. This option adds the name of the Assignment the volunteer is scheduled in to the reminder message.
- Link to Assignment description. This option makes the name of the Assignment a direct link to the Assignment's profile in the Opportunity Directory. The Assignment's profile can include a description of the duties for the Assignment, contact information for the Assignment's Coordinators, as well as a map to the location. In order for this feature to work, you must have the Assignment name option selected also.
- Entry note. This option adds any notes specific to the volunteer to the reminder message.
- Opening notes. This option adds any notes for the schedule opening the volunteer is filling to the reminder message.
- Substitute information. If the volunteer is scheduled as a substitute for another volunteer, this option will add the name of the person the scheduled volunteer is filling in for to the reminder message.
Bottom of Message¶
Enter the text you would like to appear below the schedule information in this text box.
To test your changes to the options on this page, save any changes you made and then come back to the Setup page. Enter an email address to send a sample schedule reminder to, and then click the Send sample now button.
Use this section if you would like to send an on-demand schedule reminder message to all of your scheduled volunteers. Use the From and Through dropdown fields to select the date or date range for which reminders should be sent. Click the Send reminders now button when you're ready to send the message.
If you only want the reminders to go out to some of the scheduled volunteers, you can use the Tags feature. The Send Reminders to Just Tagged Volunteers section of On-Demand Schedule Reminders has more specific details.
- Coordinator Overview
- Schedule Substitute Volunteers
- Schedule Overview
- Schedule Notes
- Assignments, Sites, and Places Overview
- Add Schedule Openings
- Update Email Reply-To Fields
- Send On-Demand Schedule Reminders
- Schedule Reminder Message Overview
- Scheduling Volunteers
- Monthly and On-Demand Coordinator Reminder Settings
- Daily Volunteer Reminder Settings
- Daily Coordinator Reminder Settings
- Get Started With the Opportunity Directory
- Set Up Schedule Reminders for VicNet and VicTouch
- Send a Link to a Specific Webpage