Monthly and On-Demand Coordinator Reminder Settings¶
The Monthly & On-Demand Coordinator Reminders setup page is used to configure Volgistics' automated monthly schedule reminder messages as well as the on-demand schedule reminders for Coordinators. These messages are used to let Coordinators know which volunteers are scheduled to serve in the Assignments the Coordinator oversees.
Schedule Reminder Settings¶
Follow these steps to get to the Monthly & On-Demand Coordinator Reminders setup page:
Send monthly reminders¶
Mark this checkbox to turn on the automated monthly schedule reminders feature. Monthly reminders will not be sent if this box is unchecked. This box does not need to be checked in order for the on-demand schedule reminders to be sent.
Send these on the xx day of the preceding month.¶
Use the dropdown field to select the day of the month reminders should be sent. For example, if you choose 25th from the dropdown field, the monthly reminders for the month of April will be sent out on March 25th.
Enter the subject line you would like Coordinators to see when they receive the monthly reminder email message.
Email and Text Reminders
Please remember if your account has enabled text messaging, Coordinators can select to receive the schedule reminder messages by text instead of email. In this case, only the settings above will apply to the message. The customization you select for the other options on the page will only apply to the Coordinators who choose to receive the reminders by email.
Because text messages can only contain a limited number of characters, the system sends standard reminders to Coordinators who choose to receive schedule reminders by text.
Top of message¶
Enter the text you would like to appear above the schedule information in this text box.
When you customize the message content, you can do things such as add the Placeholder [[FirstName]] to have the system insert the Coordinator's first name. The codes personalize the message for each recipient.
You could also add information to the message about who to contact if they have a question about the volunteers who are scheduled. You can use the rich text editor to add formatting and text mark up to help communicate your message.
Monthly Coordinator schedule reminders will include the upcoming month's schedule information for each of the Coordinator's Assignments. In this section, you can choose which schedule information to include for each shift that appears in the reminder message.
Here's more information about what each option will add to the schedule reminder email messages:
- Day of the week. This option adds the day of the week by the date the volunteers are scheduled. For example, if volunteers are scheduled on March 9, 2022 and that date falls on a Wednesday, the reminder will have (Wednesday) by the date entry.
- Start time. This option adds the time the volunteer's shift is supposed to start to the reminder message.
- Stop time. This option adds the time the volunteer's shift ends to the reminder message.
- Link to Assignment description. This option makes the name of the Assignment a direct link to the Assignment's profile in the Opportunity Directory. The Assignment's profile can include a description of the duties for the Assignment, contact information for the Assignment, as well as a map to the location.
- Entry note. This option adds any notes specific to the volunteer to the reminder message.
- Opening notes. This option adds any notes for the schedule opening the volunteer is filling to the reminder message. You can learn about the different types of notes that can be put on the schedule in Schedule Notes.
- Substitute information. If the volunteer is scheduled as a substitute for another volunteer, this option will add the name of the person the scheduled volunteer is filling in for to the reminder message.
- Include openings. This option will add any unfilled openings in the Coordinator's Assignments to the message in addition to scheduled volunteers. This can be useful if the Coordinator needs to arrange for other volunteers to be scheduled to assure coverage. With this checkbox checked, a reminder will be sent as long as at least one of the Coordinator's Assignments has volunteers scheduled or has unfilled openings.
If Include openings is left unchecked, the Coordinator reminder emails will only include information for scheduled volunteers. In this case, if a Coordinator does not have any volunteers scheduled in their Assignments during the month, Volgistics will not send them a reminder even if they have unfilled openings for the month. Coordinators assigned to multiple Assignments will receive the message as long as at least one of their Assignments has volunteers scheduled for the month. These reminders will list all of the Coordinator's Assignments and any scheduled volunteers for the Assignment.
Bottom of message¶
Enter the text you would like to appear below the schedule information in this text box.
To test your changes to the options on this page, save any changes you made and then come back to the Setup page. Enter an email address to send a sample schedule reminder to, and then click the Send sample now button.
Use this section if you would like to send an on-demand schedule reminder message to your Coordinators. Use the From and Through dropdown fields to select the date or date range for which reminders should be sent. Click the Send reminders now button when you're ready to send the message.
- Coordinator Overview
- Schedule Substitute Volunteers
- Schedule Overview
- Schedule Notes
- Assignments, Sites, and Places Overview
- Add Schedule Openings
- Update Email Reply-To Fields
- Send On-Demand Schedule Reminders
- Schedule Reminder Message Overview
- Scheduling Volunteers
- Monthly and On-Demand Volunteer Reminder Settings
- Daily Volunteer Reminder Settings
- Daily Coordinator Reminder Settings
- Get Started With the Opportunity Directory
- Set Up Schedule Reminders for VicNet and VicTouch
- Send a Link to a Specific Webpage