Please complete this application if you are interested in volunteering with EFAA.
Please read the following before completing the application:
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!
Volgistics Volunteer Alerts sends reminders, alerts, and custom messages from System Operators and
Coordinators. Use this section to opt-in and opt-out of text messaging (also known as "SMS"),
and initially set how you would like to receive messages. Your messages can be delivered as emails,
text messages, or none. You can change this at any time through VicNet. View supported phone carriers.
Message and Data Rates May Apply. For help or information on this program send "HELP" to 28344.
You can send "STOP" to 28344 at any time to opt out. For additional assistance, call 888-891-6978 or
Message frequency based on account settings.
Messages are not guaranteed to be delivered. All messages will be sent by email until you respond "YES"
to the welcome text message sent after the application form is submitted. Message preferences
can be changed in VicNet on the Account tab.
The following information is used to help us get a better idea of the demographic make-up of our volunteers.
Please describe why you are interested in volunteering with EFAA.
In which of these areas do you feel you have moderate to excellent skill? Check all that apply.
Please indicate languages which you speak proficiently.
Due to COVID-19, we are only able to offer a limited number of opportunities at this time. Because our needs will change in the future, please indicate all of your preferences and we will reconnect with you as additional opportunities become available.
If you are under age 18, enter your parent or guardian's contact information below, and have them read the information in the "I Agree" section below.
Please indicate the days and times you are usually available to volunteer.
If you have ever been convicted of a crime other than a traffic offense, select "Yes" below and describe it in the comment field below. Please note: We are unable to engage individuals convicted of a crime including theft, assault, abuse, arson or weapons possession.
By completing this volunteer application, you are creating a volunteer account with EFAA. We provide an online platform or "Volunteer Information Center" where volunteers can schedule themselves, update their profiles, record hours, access additional information and learn about current needs and upcoming opportunities.
The email you indicated in your application will serve as your login name.
Please select the password you would like to use to login to the Volunteer Information Center going forward.
I understand and agree that submitting this application form does not automatically register me as a Emergency Family Assistance Association volunteer, and that there may be certain qualifications I must meet, including the acceptance of established volunteer policies and procedures before I may begin volunteering. By submitting this form, I attest that the information I have provided on the form is true and accurate.
In addition, I agree that I have read the Volunteer Agreement and Waiver of Liability along with the Confidentiality Agreement below and I fully understand its contents.
VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT & WAIVER OF LIABILITY
1. I agree to share my time with Emergency Family Assistance Association (EFAA) as a volunteer.
2. As a volunteer, I understand that I will not be compensated for my time spent volunteering, nor am I entitled to benefits, including employment insurance benefits upon the termination of this agreement or as a result of this service.
3. Participation as a volunteer may require periods of physical labor, (i.e. standing, lifting and carrying items) and will require the exercise of reasonable care to avoid injury. I am voluntarily participating in this volunteer activity with knowledge of the hazards and potential dangers involved, and agree to accept any and all risks of personal injury and property damage.
4. I hereby agree that I, and my assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives, will not make a claim against or sue EFAA or its employees, agents or contractors for injury, illness due to community spread, or damage resulting from the negligence, whether active or passive, or other acts, however caused, by any of its officers, employees, agents, or contractors of EFAA as a result of my volunteering. I hereby release and discharge EFAA and its officers, employees, agents and/or contractors from all actions, claims, or demands that I, my heirs, guardians, and legal representatives now have, or may have in the future, for injury or damage resulting from my volunteer participation.
5. I understand that if I am injured in the course of volunteering, I am not covered by EFAA’s workers’ compensation program. I authorize EFAA to seek emergency medical treatment on my behalf in case of injury, accident or illness to me arising from my involvement as a volunteer. I understand that I will be responsible for medical costs incurred by such accident, illness or injury.
6. I understand that the materials and tools provided by EFAA are and remain the property of EFAA, and I agree to return these tools and any remaining materials to EFAA at the end of my volunteer service.
7. I will allow EFAA to publish my name as an acknowledgement of my volunteer service. I also grant EFAA all right, title and interest in any and all photographic images and/or video or audio recordings made by EFAA during my volunteer activities with EFAA. These images and recordings may be used for public relations, marketing and education through any form of media, including but not limited to printed materials (newspapers, magazines, website) and/or electronic materials such as computer, film or video.
8. I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY, AND SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
PARTICIPANT CONFIDENTIALITY GUIDELINES
Respecting participant confidentiality is extremely important both to honor human dignity and to prevent legal repercussions that may arise from inappropriate sharing of private information. All information about participants should remain confidential and EFAA requires volunteers to observe the following guidelines:
1. Do not discuss specifics regarding participants and their situations at any time, in any location outside EFAA. This includes: participant names, housing location, employer, appearance, or any other information that would identify a participant to a non-EFAA staff / volunteer.
2. Do not demonstrate recognition of a participant in a public place unless the participant initiates contact.
3. Do not take photos of participants.
4. Do not give participant information over the phone unless:
a. The participant is present to provide authorization. b. We have a current, signed Authorization to Release Information document on file, either with a BCC participating agency or another specified organization.
5. Maintain confidentiality with callers who identify themselves as friends, relatives or out-of-state agencies. Do not confirm that someone is a participant (even if you know the caller is a relative or friend). A possible response for this situation is “I do not know if s/he has an appointment or not, but IF I see her/him, I will be happy to pass on the information.”
6. Do not discuss participants with other participants or even acknowledge that you know them.
7. Any inquiries from law enforcement regarding participant information must be referred to a supervisor.
8. Any requests by participants to see case notes should be referred to a supervisor.
9. Only use information from parties relevant to the case when determining eligibility for services. Hearsay is not an acceptable source of information.
PARTICIPANT CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT
It is understood and agreed I will be privy to certain information that may be considered confidential. To ensure the protection of such information, I agree as follows:
• The parties shall limit disclosure of confidential information within its own organization to its employees, volunteers, officers and directors who have a need to know. Those persons shall not disclose confidential information to any third party (whether an individual, organization, or other entity) without prior consent.
• Confidential information shall also include, and I shall have a duty to protect, any confidential and/or sensitive information which is provided by participants through intake, appointment, phone conversation or other means of communication.
• I shall use the Confidential information only for the purpose of evaluating participant’s needs.
• I certify that I have reviewed the confidentiality guidelines.
DONOR CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT
In performing their duties, EFAA staff, board members, and volunteers may be privy to information about individuals and families, such as giving history, assets, wealth and family relationships. This is especially true for those involved in fundraising and development activities. Due to the sensitivity of this information, it is important that all EFAA staff, board members and volunteers adhere to best practices regarding donor confidentiality, in that information shared with them is to remain confidential, is not discussed with others in private or public settings and is not disclosed or used for any other personal or professional gain. I commit to upholding the highest standards of donor privacy.