Thank you for your interest in volunteering as a group with Neighbors, Inc. Each year Neighbors offers groups a variety of volunteer opportunities to serve together with needs requested by program managers. Serving could look like sorting and marking non-perishables for the food shelf, breaking down bulk items into smaller packaging for guests, painting parts of the building in need of a fresh look or another urgent need.
Four types of Groups serve with Neighbors:
• On Going Groups – Family, School, Community and Corporate Groups that serve on a regular monthly basis during business hours.
• Community Partners - Organizations in the that partner with us both financially and in service. These group work on a scheduled basis during regular business hours.
• Neighbors Service Days – Days reserved for multiple groups to volunteer together at Neighbors. Usually evenings and weekends.
• Group Service Project – Projects to benefit Neighbors that you can do at home.
• Children can serve with adult supervision. For safety purposes we ask for the following adult to child ratio:
o Grades K – 3: 1 student to 1 adult
o Grades 3 – 6: 3 students to 1 adult
o Grades 7 – 9: 5 students to 1 adult
o Grades 10 and above do not require an adult on site for volunteer opportunities.