This application is individuals who are at least 18 years of age and are interested in volunteering as a City of Edina Reserve Officer. For the purposes of collecting applications, all applicants apply through the Volunteer Edina on line application.
In order to complete this application, you will need a valid e-mail address. Please be sure to type your e-mail address correctly, as it will be used as a communication tool in the application process.
All items marked with a star * are required fields.
When you have completed the application, please click the "continue" button at the bottom of the page.
Applicants are asked to list one reference. This person may NOT be a family member.
Applicants are required to list at least one emergency contact.
Reserve Officers are asked to patrol during their service shifts. At these times they will be driving City Vehicles. As required by law, any vehicular driver must have a valid MN license.
By checking the box, you affirm you have a valid MN license.
City of Edina Reserve Officers are required to be US Citizens. If you do not check the box, provide more information about if/when you plan on becoming a US citizen.
By checking the box, you affirm you are currently a US citizen.
The Minnesota Government Data Practices Act (Minn. Stat. §§ 13.01 – 13.90) includes two sections affecting applicants seeking to volunteer with the City of Edina. First, under “Rights of Subjects of Data” (Minn. Stat. § 13.04), when an applicant is asked to provide information about him/herself, the City must advise you of:
• The purpose and intended use of the data;
• Whether you may refuse or are legally required to supply the requested data;
• Any known consequences arising from your supplying or refusing to supply the data; and
• The identity of other persons or organizations authorized by State of Federal law to receive the data you provide.
Second under “Personnel Data” (Minn. Stat. §13.43) the following data on you as a volunteer applicant by a public agency is automatically public:
• Your job history;
• Your education and training; and
• Work availability.
As a volunteer applicant, your name is considered private until you are certified as eligible for appointment to a position or are considered by the appointing authority to be a finalist for a position in public service.
If you are placed as a volunteer, the following additional data about you will be considered public information:
• Your name;
• Your volunteer identification number;
• The basis for and the amount of any added remuneration, including expense reimbursement;
• Your job title and job description;
• The dates of your first and last volunteer service with us;
• The status of any written complaints or charges against you while you work for the City of Edina, regardless whether or not they have resulted in disciplinary action, the final disposition of any disciplinary action and supporting documentation;
• You work location and work telephone number;
• Your education and training background;
• Work-related continuing education;
• Honors and awards you have received;
• Volunteer service timesheets or other comparable data that are only used to account for your volunteer time: except to the extent that release of time sheet data would reveal employee’s other non-public data;
• Your previous work experience;
All data concerning you which is placed in your volunteer file and which is not addressed in statute as public data (see above listing) is private data. This private data will be available to you and those members of city staff needing it to process city records. In addition, the following persons or organization are authorized by state and federal law to receive this data if they so request in certain circumstances:
• The Bureau of Census;
• Federal, State and County Auditors;
• The State Department of Public Welfare;
• The Department of Human Rights;
• Federal Officials investigating compliance of Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunities;
• Labor organizations and the Bureau of Mediation Services;
• Data may also be made available through court order.
With the exception of the optional data requested, the data you provide is needed to identify you and you assist in determining your suitability for the position for which you are applying. Furnishing the optional data requested about you is voluntary.
NOTICE TO MINORS: Minors from whom private data or confidential data is collected have the right to request that parental access to the private data be denied.
If you have any questions regarding your rights as a subject of data, please contact the City of Edina Administration Department – 4801 W 50th St., Edina, MN 55424. This information is subject to change consistent with subsequent amendments to the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act.
I have read and understand the Data Practices Advisory.
By checking this box,
1. you affirm you are over the age of 18.
2. you indicate that the information in this application is accurate.
3. you indicate your approval for us to verify references and complete a background check.
This form does not automatically register applicants as a City Of Edina volunteer, and there may be certain qualifications a volunteer must meet, including the acceptance of established volunteer policies and procedures before volunteering will begin.
City of Edina is not obligated to provide placement, nor are you obligated to accept the position offered.