Please be sure to READ all of the information below before completing a Volunteer Application form! Once you have read the information and understand the process and expectations, please complete the form, and click the submit button at the bottom.
*** WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING COURT ORDERED COMMUNITY SERVICE PARTICIPANTS ***
ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO VOLUNTEER AT FIVE ACRES AND ABLE TO VOLUNTEER INDEPENDENTLY
IF YOU ARE A STUDENT in need of service hours, please do not fill out this application. Please go back to our Volunteer page, scroll down to Youth Outreach and click the link for Student Hours. Thank you!
There is a nonrefundable $15 registration fee which includes a Five Acres Animal Shelter Volunteer t-shirt.
If you do not plan to pay the registration fee, please do not submit an application. If an application is submitted without the payment being processed, your application will be deleted from our system. The registration fee helps to to offset the cost of our Volunteer t-shirts, our High Five Volunteer Incentive Program, the Volunteer Appreciation Events that we host throughout the year, and other things associated with keeping out Volunteer Program running smoothly! As a nonprofit, we are grateful for your support!
Five Acres Animal Shelter has a small dedicated team that oversees the daily operations of our animal shelter. We rely on our volunteers, who donate their many talents, to help us provide the best care for the animals entrusted to us. Volunteers also assist with our many programs and help spread awareness of our mission.
Five Acres Canine Clubhouse - 1099 Pralle Lane, St. Charles, MO 63303
Five Acres Kitty Cottage - 1099 Pralle Lane, St. Charles, MO 63303
Five Acres Randolph (has dogs and cats in one building) - 2835 W. Randolph, St. Charles, MO 63301
- agree to treat all animals with kindness and concern for their welfare
- agree to represent yourself and Five Acres Animal Shelter in a professional manner and treat clients, team members, and other volunteers with respect
- must enjoy working with animals and people; for dog walkers, you need to be comfortable and have experience walking and handling large dogs
- able to commit to volunteering a minimum of 6 hours per month
- you recognize that, while volunteering at an animal shelter is rewarding, it is also a great amount of work. Team Members will rely on you for help when you sign up for shifts- whether it be for walking or cleaning kennels or floors or laundry, etc., we appreciate flexibility and working together toward a common goal!
PLEASE NOTE: Most of our Volunteer opportunities at Five Acres includes strenuous activity. For opportunities where physical demands are required, volunteers must have the ability/willingness to:
• follow oral and written instructions
• establish effective working relationship with staff, other volunteers, and the public
• perform moderate/hard manual labor, including deep cleaning and lifting up to 50 lbs.
• function while being exposed to the shelter environment (i.e. constant noise/barking
• animal hair and dander, cleaning chemical odors, etc.)
• safely and efficiently operate assigned equipment after appropriate instruction (washer, dryer, broom, mop, water hose, high pressure washer, disinfectant (equipment used depends on volunteer assignment)
1) Complete the application below. Once submitted, you will receive an email confirming your application submission with a link to process your New Volunteer Registration fee. Thank you in advance! *If you do not process the Registration Fee, you will not get the invite for Orientation, so please process your payment before you can sign up for Orientation!*
2) Please give us a few days to process all applications. After we review your application, we will send an invitation to attend a Zoom Volunteer Orientation and give you the opportunity to select a day and time that works for you.
3) After Orientation, we will send you instructions on how to access your Volunteer Page, where you can sign up for volunteer shifts and get started!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Five Acres Animal Shelter!