Please complete this application form if you are interested in becoming a Wildlife Rehabilitation Intern with WILDNorth. Once you complete the form, click the Continue button at the bottom.
If your address will be different during your placement than listed above, please indicate.
Please list your current or most recent school attended, and your concentration/degree (if applicable).
Also list your most recent occupation.
Do you have any experience working with animals or education in Wildlife Rehab/Medicine? If yes, provide 3-5 points.
What do you expect, and don't expect, to be involved in while interning with us?
The days of the week you are scheduled to intern will remain constant throughout the entire summer. Please indicate if there are any days of the week you will NOT be available to be scheduled on a regular basis.
Are you interested in applying for the Full-Time Internship (approximately 40 hours a week) or Part-Time Internship (approximately 20 hours a week) with us?
You are only allowed to apply for one internship with WILDNorth at a time. Are you interested in any of the following internships as a second or third choice, should you not be successfully accepted as a Wildlife Rehabilitation Intern? Please indicate which in the box below.
- Wildlife Rescue & Frontline Intern
- Wildlife Patient Fostering/Release Assistant
- Wildlife Data Administrator
You must be available the same days every week for the entire summer, including on holidays. Do you have any summer vacation plans that might interfere with this? Please explain.
The hands-on placement is a very physically demanding position that requires long days working on your feet, carrying large/heavy items, cleaning animal feces etc.
PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:
1. Do you have any health restrictions or concerns about the above statement? Please explain.
2. A tetanus vaccination is required. Will you obtain one? If you have one, what is the date of your last vaccine?
3. Do you have a current rabies vaccination?
4. Do you have any nut allergies? (Common food for some patients)
5. Any allergies or current medications we should be aware about in the event of an emergency?
If you are applying from outside of the Edmonton Area, please indicate which provisions you have made to find accommodation, etc.
I am aware that this internship is voluntary, and NO salary is offered. Housing and transportation are not provided. I am also aware that I will go through an interview process, and if selected, will need to obtain a Police Information Check prior to my start date.