Thank you for working as a volunteer to help Open Door Mission fulfill its mission.
What to wear when volunteering?
Please wear comfortable clothing and closed toe closed heel shoes. If volunteering in the Kitchen, wear a ball cap. This omits having to wear a hair net and bring a fun apron from home (optional). We are family!
In order to comply with our internal policies and insurance requirements we ask you to agree to the following, releasing Open Door Mission from all liability while you are working with Open Door Mission.
This form is in effect for one (1) year from the signing date below.
1. WAIVER AND RELEASE: I, the Volunteer, release Open Door Mission from and waive liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind, either in law or in equity, which arise from the services the Volunteer provides to Open Door Mission Volunteer understands that this Release discharges Open Door Mission from any liability or claim that Volunteer may have against Open Door Mission with respect to injury, illness, death or property damage that may result from the services the Volunteer provides to Open Door Mission, including from activities that may be hazardous to Volunteer such as operation of kitchen appliances, use of kitchen instruments, use of cleaning products, operation of a motor vehicle, and other work involving inherently dangerous activities.
2. NO RIGHT TO COVERAGE FROM OPEN DOOR MISSION: Further Volunteer understands that Open Door Mission does not assume any obligation to provide the Volunteer with compensation or any other financial assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability assistance, benefits or insurance in the event of Volunteer’s injury, illness or death or damage to Volunteer’s property. Volunteer expressly waives any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of Open Door Mission.
Each Volunteer is expected and encouraged to obtain his/her own medical or health insurance coverage.
3. PHOTOGRAPHIC RELEASE: Volunteer grants to Open Door Mission all rights in any photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of Volunteer or his/her likeness or voice made by Open Door Mission in connection with Volunteer’s provision of volunteer services to Open Door Mission.
4. GOVERNED BY NEBRASKA STATE LAW/ENFORCEMENT: As Volunteer, I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Nebraska and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Nebraska. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected.
5. PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN. If the Volunteer is under 18 years old, the term “Volunteer” in this Volunteer Release and Waiver shall include the Parent or Legal Guardian, as applicable, of the Volunteer.
By clicking on the "I accept" button, you are agreeing to the terms.