The Guelph Humane Society needs Youth Leader volunteers for our Summer Critter Camp! Camp runs from the beginning of July to the end of August on a Monday-Friday basis. Our programming allows campers in Grades 1-8 to learn about the Humane Society, proper animal care, and experience hands-on animal interactions. Youth Leaders will help staff run games, crafts, and activities during the program. This is an exciting opportunity to enhance your resume, build leadership, communication, and teamwork skills, and get hands-on animal and youth program experience! Hours can also be put towards community service. All programs will be located at the Guelph Humane Society and Youth Leaders are required to arrange their own transportation.
Youth Leader Volunteer Requirements:
• Entering grade 9 or above
• Experience working with children and/or animals preferred
• Comfortable handling various animals
• Positive, enthusiastic, hard-working, and responsible attitude
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Must be able to commit to two full weeks at minimum.
If you are interested in becoming a Youth Leader Volunteer, please complete the form below. Once you complete the form, please click the Continue button at the bottom to submit.