Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Winnipeg Humane Society! Please check out our team goals and volunteer vacancies listed on our website. Join our awesome volunteer crew by completing the application form. We look forward to receiving it soon!
Please provide us with your most current information so we can connect with you.
We like to keep volunteers informed of important news, schedules, and volunteer opportunities by email, however will not send you any email you prefer not to receive. Use the checkboxes below to select the kinds of email you would like to receive from us. Please be aware we do all of our correspondence by email.
Please provide some demographic information about yourself.
Please include your highest level of education completed and check off the skills that you think would assist you in your volunteer work.
Tell us about your furry family.
Please review the vacancies list on our website prior to completing this section.
Please indicate the days and times you are available to volunteer. This helps us to determine if we have a placement for you. If you do not have a regular schedule, please make notes in the Additional Information section.
NOTE: AM = morning PM = afternoon/evening
We will contact this individual if you are ill or injured on your shift.
Please include any further information you think is relevant.
1. I am at least 16 years of age or older. (We cannot accept anyone under this age).
2. I authorize the WHS to collect and retain my personnel information in connection with a voluntary role.
3. I authorize volunteer services to check my character reference and previous dealings with the WHS to determine my suitability as a volunteer. (Please note: depending on the assignment you are applying for a child abuse registry check and a personal criminal record search may be required).
4. I understand that further documentation pertaining to The Winnipeg Humane Society's policies and procedures in a form of a Volunteer Agreement and/or Volunteer Waiver will be provided at an interview. I will review these documents and then submit my authorized form at the orientation session.
6.I understand that providing false information on this application may prohibit me from volunteering with The Winnipeg Humane Society.
7. I understand and agree that submitting this application form does not automatically register me as a WHS volunteer. Certain qualifications I must meet, including an interview, background check and training.