I agree that my services as a Foster Care Provider are provided on a strictly volunteer basis. I shall receive no pay, benefits, or compensation of any kind from Foothills Animal Rescue (FAR) for my foster care of animals.
I agree to provide foster care in strict compliance with the policies and procedures of FAR. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Providing adequate food, water, shelter, safe containment, and humane treatment for the animal(s) at all times.
- Providing medication and veterinary care when needed at the expense of FAR and with their approval beforehand.
- Monitoring the animal(s) and providing proper care and socialization.
- Notifying Foothills within 24 hours of any major change in the foster animal's health or if the animal becomes lost.
- Immediately notifying Foothills is an animal becomes lost.
- Attendance of animals at adoption events.
- Allow a transporter to take animals to adoption events if you are unable.
- Representing yourself in professional manner.
By selecting "I Agree" you agree that you have read and understand each of these statements:
- Foothills reserves the exclusive right to determine the proper course of action to take upon notification by the foster parent of any inability to comply with this agreement.
- I understand and agree that the fostered animal(s) are the exclusive property of FAR. This agreement transfers no ownership rights.
- I understand that foster anima(s) must be scheduled for needed medical treatment (altering, vaccinations, microchip, testing, etc.) at one of the FAR approved veterinarians.
- I will respect Foothills decision to determine whether a foster parent can adopt a foster animal.
- I understand that I must comply with the following adoption protocol: All adoptions must be completed at Foothills Animal Rescue. In no case will an animal be given a "test run". Animals are adopted and paid for immediately. Adoptive parents will be informed Foothills will always accept the animal back but that no refunds are given.
- I will agree to vaccinate my own animals against the following diseases before fostering:
- Canines are immunized against Canine Distemper, Canine Parvovirus, Parainfluenza, Hepatitis (4 in 1 booster); Bordetella (kennel cough); Rabies; and are free of parasites.
- Felines are immunized against Feline Panleukopenia, Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus (3 in 1 booster); Feline Leukemia; and are free of parasites.
If I choose not to vaccinate my animals, I understand that Foothills will not be responsible for any illness that occurs related to non-vaccinated animals.
I understand no reimbursement by Foothills will be given to me regarding any expenditure, which I incur for the care and treatment of the foster animal(s) that was not approved in advance.
I understand if a foster animal under my care or my own animal dies from a contagious disease, I will not be considered for fostering other animals of the same species for a specific length of time as deemed suitable by Foothills. Discussion with a Foothills approved veterinarian will determine the length of time necessary before fostering any animal again in the foster provider's home.
I understand that if I may not rescue an animal without prior approval from FAR.
I understand that any breach of the conditions of this foster care agreement may result in immediate termination of this agreement. In that case, Foothills shall take immediate possession of the fostered anima(s).
I understand to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless FAR, including its agents and employees, for any personal injuries or damages to property or pets caused by the foster animal(s).
I recognize that in handling foster animal(s) there exists a risk of injury including physical harm caused by a foster animal. On behalf of myself, me heirs, personal representatives and executors, I release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Foothills, its agents, volunteers, and employees from any and all claims, causes of action or demands, or any nature of cause connected with my foster care agreement.
I have received, read and understand the Foster Care Guidelines provided by Foothills Animal Rescue.