Thank you for your interest in becoming a Pet Helpers foster home! This questionnaire will help us to understand your household so that we can make appropriate decisions regarding foster care.
Below are the types of groups available to foster. Please let us know in the box below what GROUP you prefer and if you would be interested in CATS, DOGS, or BOTH.
1. NEONATES – Puppies or kittens that need a surrogate mother to bottle feed them. Duration of fostering is 6-8 weeks; 8 hours per day.
2. NURSING MOMS – Mom with a litter of puppies or kittens that need a quiet place to nurse her babies. Duration of fostering is 2-8 weeks; 3 hours per day.
3. RECOVERY – Dogs and cats that need a break to recover from medical issues either medical or surgical. Duration of fostering is 1 week – 2 months; 2-3 hours per day.
4. JUVENILE – Weaned puppies or kittens. Duration of fostering is 1-3 weeks; 3-6 hours per day.
5. BEHAVIORAL – Dogs or cats with specific behavioral problems that would benefit from consistency and training in a home environment. Duration of fostering is 1-4 weeks; 2-3 hours per day.
6. FIELD TRIPS OR VACATION – Dogs or cats who need a respite break from the shelter in a home environment for a designated amount of time. Duration of fostering is 4 hours – 30 days; 2-3 hours per day.
7. FOSTER AMBASSADOR– Adult dogs that you would like to help find a forever home. Duration of fostering is 1-6 weeks; 2-3 hours per day.
Please complete all applicable information.
You may optionally provide the following information. It is used only to help us get a better idea of the demographic make-up of our fosters/volunteers.
Depending on the type of fostering you do, you may be asked to promote our foster animals on social media. Please provide the following information in the box below regarding your social media.
What is your profile name on Facebook?
What is your profile name on Instagram?
We like to keep fosters/volunteers informed of important news, schedules, and volunteer opportunities by email, however will not send you any email you prefer not to receive. Use the checkboxes below to select the kinds of email you would like to receive from us.
Volgistics Volunteer Alerts sends reminders, alerts, and custom messages from System Operators and
Coordinators. Use this section to opt-in and opt-out of text messaging (also known as "SMS"),
and initially set how you would like to receive messages. Your messages can be delivered as emails,
text messages, or none. You can change this at any time through VicNet. View supported phone carriers.
Message and Data Rates May Apply. For help or information on this program send "HELP" to 28344.
You can send "STOP" to 28344 at any time to opt out. For additional assistance, call 888-891-6978 or
Message frequency based on account settings.
Messages are not guaranteed to be delivered. All messages will be sent by email until you respond "YES"
to the welcome text message sent after the application form is submitted. Message preferences
can be changed in VicNet on the Account tab.
In the box below please let us know the following additional information about you/your home.
1. How many adults live in your home?
2. Children and ages?
3. Who will be the primary caregiver for the foster animals?
4. Are you available to attend foster care training classes?
5. In the case of a litter, how many puppies/kittens would you be able to foster at once?
6. Please describe the area in which you plan to keep the foster animals.
Please complete the follow information in the box below regarding the pets you have in your home.
List all animals that live in your home.
Please provide the following:
Name, species, breed, age, temperament, inside/outside pet, spayed/neutered, current on vaccines
Please answer the following questions regarding fostering in the box below.
1. Are you interested in becoming an Adoption Counselor?
2. Are you interested in participating in Pet Helpers offsite events with your foster dog?
3. Are you interested in being trained to be a surrogate mother for our neonatal babies?
Please tell us what days and times work for so we may better schedule appointments to fit your availability.
In the box below let us answer any questions or concerns you have, or any specifics that we should know about your household, goals or interests regarding the Pet Helpers Foster Care Program.
I have answered the questions above truthfully and completely. I understand that although Pet Helpers takes reasonable care to screen animals for foster care placement, it makes no guarantee relation to the health of an animal, behavior, or actions. I understand that I receive foster care animals at my own risk and can reject or return any animals for which Pet Helpers has asked me to provide care. I indemnify and hold Pet Helpers free and harmless from all liability arising out of any and all claims, demands, losses, damages, action, judgement of every kind, and description which may occur to our be suffered by me, members of my household, or any third parties by reason of activities arising out of this agreement.
Please type your full name and date to show agreement with the above statement.