Volunteer Chaplains are essential to the success of our Pastoral Care Department’s mission to serve the needs of our patients and their families. Volunteer Chaplains play a vital role by providing spiritual support to those in need. Our volunteer chaplains’ service of love for others continually raise the level of care we offer.
To be considered for a position as a volunteer Chaplain at UMC Health System, please complete this application. Once you complete the form, click Continue and you will receive confirmation with further instructions.
Once again, thank you for your interest in UMC. We look forward to serving alongside you.
For questions, call the Pastoral Care office at 806.775.8672 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older
• Volunteer Chaplains will be interviewed by Pastoral Care staff.
• Volunteers must give consent for UMC to conduct a criminal history record search
• Volunteers must complete orientation, onboarding and receive clearance before beginning
• Volunteers are matched to placement based on availability, skills and experience
• Volunteers must adhere to dress code, HIPPA, hand hygiene, and UMC code of conduct
• Volunteer positions are “at-will” and may be terminated by UMC for violations of policy
All volunteers must complete the below steps:
• Submit application and supporting documents to Volunteer Services Department
• Complete interview screening with Pastoral Care Department
• Review and accept assignment/schedule
• Sign a consent for a criminal history record search
• Submit additional documents if requested (shot record, transcripts, etc.)
• Complete UMC Volunteer Orientation
• Complete TB Test/Screening, Influenza vaccine, and other required medical clearance
• Take photo for name badge
Volgistics Volunteer Alerts sends reminders, alerts, and custom messages from System Operators and
Coordinators. Use this section to opt-in and opt-out of text messaging (also known as "SMS"),
and initially set how you would like to receive messages. Your messages can be delivered as emails,
text messages, or none. You can change this at any time through VicNet. View supported phone carriers.
Message and Data Rates May Apply. For help or information on this program send "HELP" to 28344.
You can send "STOP" to 28344 at any time to opt out. For additional assistance, call 888-891-6978 or
Message frequency based on account settings.
Messages are not guaranteed to be delivered. All messages will be sent by email until you respond "YES"
to the welcome text message sent after the application form is submitted. Message preferences
can be changed in VicNet on the Account tab.
Please list two references. One reference can come from your circle of influence (friend, family, or work) A second reference should be a leader within your church (deacon, ss teacher, pastor, etc.)
Please indicate the days and times you are usually available to volunteer.
* All Volunteers must complete the M.Tb Questionnaire.
Copy and paste this link into a new tab or window of your internet browser (Chrome is suggested) to complete the form online.