Please complete this application form if you are interested in becoming a Foster Home for the Bow Valley SPCA, (if you are 18+ years of age), which includes Legal and Other Considerations, a Privacy Statement, Confidentiality Agreement, Media Release and Volunteer Liability Waiver.
By completing this form you are also consenting to be added to our Bow Valley SPCA newsletter email list. If you do not wish to keep receiving them you may unsubscribe at any time by using the link on the newsletter, or by contacting us.
Once completed, click the Continue button at the bottom.
We will reach out to you if additional information is required.
In consideration for the opportunity to participate in volunteer activities (Foster Home) for the Bow Valley SPCA, all volunteers are required to agree to the following terms. Please review these carefully as these terms impact your legal rights. By checking "I Agree" below, you are acknowledging and agreeing to be bound by these terms.
The Bow Valley SPCA respects your privacy. We protect your personal information and adhere to all legislative requirements with respect to protecting privacy. We do not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists. The information you provide will be used to deliver services, and keep you informed and up to date on activities of the Bow Valley SPCA, including programs, services, special events, funding needs, opportunities to volunteer or to give, open houses, and more through periodic contacts. As well, your information may be used to provide tax receipts, contact prize winners, and keep you informed of other events and fundraising opportunities in support of the Bow Valley SPCA. Unless otherwise instructed, your name may be used in other expressions of gratitude for your assistance to our organization. If at any time you wish to be removed from any list, simply email Volunteers@bowvalleyspca.org, and we will gladly accommodate your request. Please allow 15 business days to update our records accordingly.
Considering many of the volunteer positions at the Bow Valley SPCA require dealing with the public, working outdoors, and lifting up to 50 lbs, by agreeing to the terms below you are confirming that you are able to perform the essential functions of the position for which you are applying, either with or without reasonable accommodation. You agree that if accommodations are required, that these accommodations shall be fully disclosed during the on boarding process. Full information on the functions that you CANNOT perform must be shared with us.
Please note that during on boarding any medical problems, allergies or other issues which we should be aware of to ensure a safe environment must be disclosed.
I authorize reference and employment verification and background checks as necessary for specific volunteer positions. I consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure by the Bow Valley SPCA of the personal information provided by me above and pursuant to the referenced verifications and checks for all reasonable purposes of its operations, including volunteer management, program management, facility operation, insurance and security purposes.
During the course of my volunteer services, I may have access to Confidential Information. I covenant and agree with the Bow Valley SPCA that I will not disclose, directly or indirectly, any Confidential Information to any person nor shall I use the same for any purposes, other than in the performance of my volunteer services or where disclosure is authorized or legally mandated. "Confidential Information" means all data and information relating to the business, operation and management of the Bow Valley SPCA, provided that Confidential Information shall not include any information which is or becomes publicly available through no fault of mine.
Upon the termination of my volunteer services, I will promptly return to or leave with the Bow Valley SPCA all documents, records, notebooks, electronic storage devices and similar repositories of Confidential Information and all other property of the Bow Valley SPCA then in my possession, whether prepared by me, the Bow Valley SPCA or any third party.
My obligations under this Confidentiality section will continue indefinitely and will be governed by the laws of Alberta.
I do hereby grant the Bow Valley SPCA, its legal representatives, members, directors, volunteers, employees, and agents, (the “BVSPCA Parties”) the right and permission, to take photographs, videotape, or digital recordings of me while volunteering with the Bow Valley SPCA (“Media”).
2. I agree that any Media shall constitute the Bow Valley SPCA’s sole property. The Bow Valley SPCA has the full right to dispose of any or all of the Media in any manner whatsoever, and for any purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, all promotional and advertising uses, non-commercial or commercial display, broadcast, exhibition of the final production, and other trade purposes.
3. I do hereby grant Bow Valley SPCA the unrestricted right and permission to copyright and use, re-use, publish, and republish Media of me or in which I may be included intact or in part, composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction as to changes or transformations in conjunction with my own or a fictitious name, or reproduction thereof. I acknowledge that I do not have the right to inspect or approve the finished product or copy of the Media and any use thereof. I do hereby waive any rights, claims, or interest I may have to control the use of my identity and likeness in whatever Media used by BVSPCA.
4. I understand I will not receive any financial or other remuneration for use of any Media and I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the Media.
5. I hereby forever release and discharge the BVSPCA Parties, from any and all direct or indirect claims, actions, and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of said Media, including, without limitation, any and all claims for invasion of privacy and libel.
6. The terms of this Media section shall be governed by the laws of Alberta. The agreements, waivers and releases provided in this Media section shall continue in effect after the termination of my volunteer services. The terms of this Waiver section are binding on upon and ensure to the benefit of me and the BVSPCA Parties and their respective heirs, executors, administrators, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, affiliates, independent contractors, successors, and assigns.
1. I understand that volunteering for the Bow Valley SPCA may involve contact with animals and that they can be unpredictable and dangerous. I understand that there is a risk of injury from volunteering at or on behalf of the Bow Valley SPCA, including personal injury, illness, death or property loss. I willingly assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the Bow Valley SPCA, its legal representatives, members, volunteers, officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “BVSPCA Parties”), and assume full responsibility for my participation in volunteer activities.
2. I release the BVSPCA Parties from all liability, and do hereby waive as against the BVSPCA Parties all recourse, claims, demands, causes of actions of any kind whatsoever, in respect to damages I (or my heirs, executors, administrators, trustees, successors, or assigns) might suffer as a consequence of me sustaining personal injury, death, or property loss while participating in volunteer activities.
3. I acknowledge and understand that as a volunteer of the Bow Valley SPCA, I am not covered by the Bow Valley SPCA worker’s compensation and my not be covered by any other insurance policy for any damages or injuries that I may sustain during volunteer activities.
4. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the BVSPCA Parties from any and all claims, demands, causes of action of any kind whatsoever that arise because of my actions while participating in volunteer activities for the Bow Valley SPCA.
5. I understand that in volunteering for the Bow Valley SPCA, I will come into contact with animals and it is important to discuss being vaccinated against tetanus with my physician. I understand whatever decision I make regarding vaccinating myself and my Child in this regard is entirely at my own risk. I release the BVSPCA Parties from all responsibility that may occur because of a failure to be vaccinated.
6. In the event of an emergency or my accident or illness, I authorize the Bow Valley SPCA to contact the emergency contact in this application and to seek emergency medical attention for me.
7. The terms of this Waiver section shall be governed by the laws of Alberta. The agreements, waivers and releases provided in this Waiver section shall continue in effect after the termination of my volunteer services. The terms of this Waiver section are binding on upon and enure to the benefit of me and the BVSPCA Parties and their respective heirs, executors, administrators, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, affiliates, independent contractors, successors, and assigns.
I have read, understand, and agree to the above terms and conditions and certify that the information provided here is accurate and complete. I understand this is a legally binding agreement.