I hereby agree to accept a position in a voluntary capacity as a volunteer for the SPCA of Texas (herein after referred to as SPCA). I understand that the term voluntary means the way in which actions or services are rendered to the SPCA. Such actions or services are rendered to the SPCA with generous and charitable motives. No liability whatsoever will be incurred by the SPCA to anyone who performs voluntary actions or services. I understand that the term Volunteer means a person who freely chooses and renders services to the SPCA in a voluntary capacity.
1. I fully understand and agree that my services are provided strictly in a volunteer capacity.
2. I fully understand and agree that I am providing services to the SPCA strictly as a volunteer.
3. I fully understand and agree to provide my services to the SPCA as a volunteer in a volunteer capacity without any express or implied promise of salary, commission, or payment of any kind whatsoever.
4. I fully understand and agree to provide my services to the SPCA as a volunteer in a voluntary capacity without any employment-type benefits, including but not limited to employment insurance programs, workers compensation accrual in any form, or sick, holiday, or annual leave time.
5. I fully understand that the SPCA handles large numbers of animals of unknown temperament on a daily basis. I agree to hold the SPCA harmless of any injury(s) or disease(s) which I might sustain from handling animals during the course of my volunteer duties.
6. I fully understand and agree to assume all risks involved in any and all duties that I perform for the SPCA. Such duties may consist of, but are not limited to, animal handling, custodial work, kennel staff assistance, and other foreseeable duties.
7. I agree to familiarize myself with the SPCA policies and procedures. I will fully comply with both the letter and the spirit of these procedures.
8. I fully understand that the SPCA expects high standards of moral and ethical treatment of animals under its care. I agree to strictly adhere to these standards in my voluntary capacity at the SPCA.
9. I fully understand and agree that either for failure to fully comply with any and all of the obligations outlined in this Volunteer Agreement, or for any reason whatsoever, while performing my voluntary services to the SPCA in a voluntary capacity, the SPCA at its sole discretion, may immediately terminate my volunteer services.
Selecting "I AGREE" below indicates you have read and agreed to the above volunteer agreement
1. I agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold the SPCA of Texas harmless for any and all damage to my personal property while performing as a volunteer in volunteer capacity any and all duties for the SPCA of Texas.
2. I recognize that in handling animals at the SPCA in a volunteer capacity there exists a risk of injury or sickness, including personal injury or harm. On behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives and executors, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless the SPCA of Texas, its agent, servants and employees from any and all claims, causes of action or demands, of any nature or cause connected with my Volunteer Agreement. This might include connection with my volunteer services based on damages which may be incurred or sustained by me in any way. Such damages or injuries might include, but are not limited to animal bites, accidents, injuries, and personal property damage.
3. I understand that public relations are an important part of volunteering at the SPCA. I agree, therefore, on behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives, and executors to allow the SPCA to use any photograph or video recording taken of me for use in public relations efforts. Any photographic or video images which I produce, in a voluntary capacity, will become the sole property of the SPCA and as such, they may use them in any ways they see fit. The SPCA will use reasonable efforts to notify me but such notification is not a condition of use under the auspices of the SPCA.
4. I will not, under any condition, serve as an SPCA volunteer while under the influence of drugs, alcohol or any other substance.
5.I authorize The SPCA of Texas to run a background check as a requirement for me to become a volunteer with the SPCA of Texas. Furthermore, I understand I may not be eligible to participate in the SPCA of Texas Volunteer Program based on information obtained from this background check .
6. Over the course of volunteering, I may deal with confidential and/or protected information, i.e. donor and adopter data, and hereby agree to fully respect the SPCA of Texas’ non-disclosure policy of said information. Failure to do so may lead to penalties up to termination.
By selecting "I AGREE" BELOW, I acknowledge that I have read and understood the terms and conditions of the forgoing volunteer agreement and release and that I will comply with the same.
PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN OF VOLUNTEERS UNDER THE AGE OF 18:
As a parent or legal guardian of the above named volunteer, I hereby give my consent to allow my child/ward to perform volunteer services for the SPCA of Texas as described within the Volunteer Agreement, Volunteer Application, and Release; and I fully understand and agree to all terms and conditions as set out in the above mentioned articles, and have, to the best of my ability, explained them to my child/ward. I have paid particular attention to the Release section herein.
AUTHORIZATION FOR BACKGROUND CHECK (18+ YEARS OLD):
I hereby authorize the SPCA of Texas to run a background check as a requirement for me to become a volunteer with the SPCA of Texas. Furthermore, I understand I may not be eligible to participate in the SPCA of Texas Volunteer Program based on information obtained from this background check.
I hereby release the SPCA of Texas, the Social Security Administration, and its agents, officials, representatives, or assigned agencies, including officers, employees or related personnel, both individually and collectively, from any and all liability for damages of whatever kind, which may, at any time, result to me, my heirs, family, or associates because of compliance with this authorization and request to release. You may contact me as indicated above.
Selecting "I AGREE" below indicates you have read and agree to the authorization for a background check.