Before you continue...YOU MUST COMPLETE THIS APPLICATION WITH THE ASSISTANCE OF A DESIGNATED PARENT OR GUARDIAN.
This application requires an e-mail address. Please include the e-mail address of your parent or guardian giving you permission to volunteer at Heart of the Valley Animal Shelter.
Contact #1: Designated Parent/Guardian giving you permission to volunteer at Heart of the Valley. This person must also review the waiver prior to submission of your application.
Contact #2: A second Parent/Guardian, family member, or close family friend.
Please indicate the days and times you are usually available to volunteer.
As an active volunteer at HOV, you will have access to our on-line Volunteer Information Center (VIC). The VIC will be your source for the latest volunteer program updates and available volunteer shifts.
Please choose a password that will be easy for you to remember.
We like to keep volunteers informed of important news, schedules, and volunteer opportunities by email, however will not send you any email you prefer not to receive. Use the checkboxes below to select the kinds of email you would like to receive from us.
Please let us know if you have any special needs that we should be aware of in order to help you have the best volunteer experience possible.
Please tell us why you want to be a volunteer at The Heart of the Valley.
Please check YES if you have volunteered at HOV before.
You and your child have recently submitted an application to volunteer at Heart of the Valley Animal Shelter. By submitting this application you agree to the following:
By pressing submit you agree to the following:
For volunteers under age 18
By signing below, I indicate that, on behalf of my child, I have read, understand and agree to the following:
1. I understand and agree that submitting this application form does not automatically register me as a Heart of the Valley, Inc. (“HOV”) volunteer, and that there may be certain qualifications I must meet, including the acceptance of established volunteer policies and procedures before I may begin volunteering.
2. By submitting this form, I attest that the information I have provided on the form is true and accurate.
3. My services to HOV are provided strictly in a voluntary capacity as a Volunteer without any express or implied promise of salary or compensation of any kind. This would include any employment type benefits, including employment insurance programs, worker's compensation accrual in any form, vacations or sick time or any type of payment.
4. I will familiarize myself and comply with HOV policies and procedures applicable to Volunteers. I will abide by the mission, rules, regulations, policies and programs of HOV while I am a volunteer. In particular, I fully understand that HOV expects high standards of ethical treatment of animals under its care.
5. I fully understand that HOV is an "Open Door" shelter and how HOV defines and implements this policy. I also understand that HOV may euthanize animals at any time for medical or behavioral reasons, including aggression or quality of life concerns, and agree to respect those decisions.
6. If my application to volunteer is accepted, I agree to be a volunteer for HOV.
7. I understand and agree that HOV’s website, internal files and records, including names and addresses of employees, volunteers, donors, applicants, membership lists and similar data are the sole property of HOV and that unauthorized disclosure of such information, its appropriation, changes, or alterations to it may constitute a criminal offense.
8. I understand that HOV is not responsible for any illness or injury caused by any animals that I come into contact with during my volunteer work. I hereby agree and release, indemnify and hold harmless HOV and associated Officers, Directors, Employees, and Agents, including PetSmart and PetSmart Charities, from any and all claims, damages and liability arising from or related to my activities as an HOV volunteer.
9. I understand and agree that the behavior of animals is unpredictable and that some animals are capable of inflicting serious personal injury or death, as well as significant property damage. I acknowledge that while HOV will take every reasonable precaution to minimize the potential of danger posed by the animals under its care, it is never possible to guarantee the temperament and/or behavior of any animal at all times and under all circumstances. I therefore agree that if I choose to walk, handle, foster, or care for any HOV animal, I will do so at my own risk.
10. I understand that HOV, without notice or hearing, may terminate my services as a Volunteer at any time, with or without reason. I will promptly return all HOV supplies, equipment, records, moneys, and other items in good, clean condition. I also understand that I am not guaranteed a position in the Volunteer Program.
11. I give permission for Heart of the Valley to use photos or video of myself or my child participating in Heart of the Valley sponsored activities for promotional or educational purposes.
I understand that volunteering at Heart of the Valley, Inc. (“HOV”) involves a certain degree of risk. I have carefully reviewed and considered the Volunteer Application and Agreement and considered the risks involved, and I give consent for my child to volunteer at HOV.
I also understand that volunteering at HOV is entirely voluntary and requires volunteers to abide by applicable rules of conduct, standards, and policies I hereby agree and release, indemnify and hold harmless HOV and associated Officers, Directors, Employees, and Agents from any and all claims, damages and liability arising from or related to my child’s activities as an HOV volunteer.
In case of emergency involving my child, I understand every effort will be made to contact me.
In the event I cannot be reached, I hereby give my permission to the medical provider selected by HOV to secure proper treatment, including hospitalization, anesthesia, surgery, or injections of medication for my child. Medical providers are authorized to disclose to the adult in charge examination findings, test results, and treatment provided for purposes of medical evaluation of the participant, follow-up and communication with the volunteer’s parents or guardian, and/or determination of the volunteer’s ability to continue in HOV’s activities.