Welcome to Thinkery!
Thank you for your interest in bringing your group to volunteer at Thinkery. Group volunteers at Thinkery make a great impact on our community of young STEAM learners and their families. There is no minimum hours requirement and you may volunteer just once or multiple times. Please read all sections of this application carefully.
All your group members must be 18 years old or older at the time of application, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless medically exempt) and complete a background check upon arriving at Thinkery. Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-469-6235
Once you complete the form, click SUBMIT. Once you submit the form you will be signed up to receive monthly emails from Thinkery with upcoming group volunteer opportunities. These opportunities are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. You are also always welcome to reach out with specific volunteer collaboration ideas.
As the group leader, you will be the primary contact between Thinkery and your group. We will rely on you to pass along information from us to the folks you sign up. There will be an opportunity later in this form to include secondary group contacts, but you will remain the main point of contact unless we are told otherwise.
Please list any secondary contacts for your group. Please note, we are only able to email one email account for our communications and you will be the default recipient unless we are told otherwise.
How did you hear about Thinkery volunteer opportunities? (ex. GivePulse, VolunteerMatch, Benevity, personal connection, etc.)
Please read this statement in its entirety. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to the Volunteer Resources Manager. As the group leader, you are committed to holding your group members accountable for these expectations as well as yourself.
Thinkery Main Contact: Volunteer Resources Manager (email@example.com, 512-469-6235)
1. Thinkery volunteers reflect and progress Thinkery's mission, vision, and values. While you are volunteering with and at Thinkery, please keep these in mind in your actions and words.
2. Volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the time of volunteering and adhere to the current Thinkery masking policy.
3. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old.
4. Only sign-up volunteers for opportunities who are associated with your group.
5. Volunteers will complete a Raptor background check upon entry to the museum.
6. The group leader will:
6a. Maintain open and frequent communication with the Volunteer Resources Manager
6b. contact the Volunteer Resources Manager at least 5 days before their engagement if they have not filled the volunteer spots requested to discuss the option of rescheduling
6c. Only sign-up volunteers who are associated with their group, 18 years or older, and who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
7. The group leader is responsible for letting the group members know that their photo may be taken while volunteering and used on our social media and/or marketing materials. Communicate with Thinkery staff if a group member has requested not to have their photo taken.
For more information on all of these policies, please visit this link: Volunteer Group Agreement