Please complete this application form if you are interested in becoming an Orange County Regional History Center summer camp volunteer.
Your ADULT GUARDIAN must complete permission sections. Your name & initials will serve as your ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE.
Once you complete the form, click the Continue button at the bottom.
Orange County is required by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission to collect and maintain the information requested below for EEO statistical reporting purposes only. The information you provide is confidential.
We like to keep volunteers informed of important news, schedules, and volunteer opportunities by email, however will not send you any email you prefer not to receive. Use the checkboxes below to select the kinds of email you would like to receive from us.
Volgistics Volunteer Alerts sends reminders, alerts, and custom messages from System Operators and
Coordinators. Use this section to opt-in and opt-out of text messaging (also known as "SMS"),
and initially set how you would like to receive messages. Your messages can be delivered as emails,
text messages, or none. You can change this at any time through VicNet. View supported phone carriers.
Message and Data Rates May Apply. For help or information on this program send "HELP" to 28344.
You can send "STOP" to 28344 at any time to opt out. For additional assistance, call 888-891-6978 or
Message frequency based on account settings.
Messages are not guaranteed to be delivered. All messages will be sent by email until you respond "YES"
to the welcome text message sent after the application form is submitted. Message preferences
can be changed in VicNet on the Account tab.
Volunteer Statement of Confidentiality
I agree to hold in confidence all information I become privy to regarding clients of The History Center.
I will not remove from the office of The History Center any electronic or written records, or copies thereof.
I accept full responsibility for maintaining the confidential nature of all records, guest contacts and information marked confidential.
I understand that I am personally responsible and fully liable for any violation of this agreement.
Volunteer Handbook Acknowledgement
I will review the Orange County Regional History Center Volunteer Handbook.
I am aware that I have the opportunity to ask any questions I have regarding the contents of the handbook.
I give my permission to The Orange County Regional History Center to use my child's photograph, video and digital image for promotional, news, or public relations purposes in print and/or electronic media for The History Center of Historical Society of Central Florida, Inc.
I, as the parent and/or legal guardian, agree to assume all liabilities and risks in any activities connected with such program. I hereby release and waive any claims or causes of such action which I may now or hereafter have against the Historical Society of Central Florida, Orange County, Florida, its officers, employees, and agents, arising out of or resulting from any damages, injuries, illness, or claims which may be attributed to my child’s participation in said program. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Historical Society of Central Florida, and Orange County from and against all liabilities, claims, damages, injuries, losses and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, arising out of or resulting from my child’s participation in said program. In the event my child sustains any injury or illness during his/her participation in said program, I authorize Historical Society of Central Florida staff, or Orange County staff to administer, or cause to be administered, first aid or other treatment necessary under the circumstances, including treatment by a hospital or physician.
SUMMER CAMP VOLUNTEER DUTIES AND EXPECTATIONS
STAFF EXPECTATIONS OF VOLUNTEERS
• Written consent of a parent or guardian for volunteers, under 18, before volunteering.
• Prompt arrival at designed time wearing appropriate attire - notify supervisor in advance if unable to be present on scheduled day.
• Sign in/out at first floor Check In/Check Out area and report to assigned camp position.
• Follow all classroom rules and model correct behavior.
• Assist teacher with classroom organization - read daily organization schedule
• Assist teachers/campers with activities, crafts, games, museum exploration, field trips
• Stay actively engaged: i.e. referee games, dance, score points, etc.
• Communicate/report any concerns to Teacher, Staff or Volunteer Coordinator
• Be flexible with Volunteer Coordinator switching your assigned classroom
• Completion of other duties/task/responsibilities as assigned by Volunteer Coordinator
• Volunteers receive periodic evaluations to review their performance.
• Completion of daily writing assignments required in order to receive service hours/credit.
• CELL PHONE USE IS PROHIBITED. (With exception of contacting guardian)
• No picture taking with or of the campers
• No profanity and foul language or games of any sort are allowed
• There should be no conduct or behavior that interferes with or disrupts the teaching/learning process
• The use of either oral or written language, electronic messages, gestures, objects or pictures which are disrespectful are unacceptable
• History Center volunteers shall not take any action that would result in the Volunteers financial benefit. Volunteers will not ask or receive direct or indirect money or gifts while Volunteering at the History Center
• Volunteers are prohibited to leave the History Center, including during lunch – unless otherwise directed by History Center Staff.
• *** Reminder- You are here to set a positive example- role model for the campers.
VOLUNTEER EXPECTATIONS OF STAFF
• To be a valuable member of the History Center team
• To receive frequent, constructive feedback on performance by Volunteer/Intern Coordinator
• To receive complete, clear instructions to that duties can be performed confidently and effectively
• To receive proper materials to perform duties
• To develop valuable skills in education training
• To be assured that your time is accurately recorded
• To enjoy your experience as a Volunteer
• The signature of a parent/guardian signifies receipt and review of this document, as well as knowledge and understanding of the individuals conduct and behavior expected at The History Center. It is important that parents/guardians comply with the above conduct. Failure to comply or participate in other inappropriate conduct may result in losing the privileges to attend events and activities and the dismissal of your child. The signature of a parent/guardian also gives your child permission to be a Youth Volunteer at The History Center.
I certify that the statements made in this volunteer application are true and correct. I understand that I will not be paid for my services as a volunteer and that filling out an application does not guarantee me acceptance into the volunteer program.
All information received from background screening documents will be used for the purpose of determining eligibility to volunteer. All arrests and convictions will be examined to determine relevance to volunteer position. In these situations eligibility determinations are based on a minimum of the last 5 years.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: No volunteer will be accepted who has been:
Arrested or convicted of any crime involving sexual misconduct with or against a minor.
Arrested or convicted for any type of violent crime.
Arrested or convicted of child abuse or domestic violence.
**Orange County Government will complete a background check.**