Thank you for your interest in becoming an Advocate Aurora Volunteer. Because of the dedication and generosity of volunteers like you, we're helping people be safe and live well during this unprecedented time.
We have several volunteer roles available and all provide opportunities to positively impact our patients and visitors experience at our hospitals and clinics. Here are the roles for which we are accepting new volunteers:
1) Inpatient Volunteer Floor Assistants -- assist the nursing teams with tasks such as answering phones, stocking supplies, etc. to alleviate the stress for these frontline team members. Volunteers serve on non-COVID or mixed COVID/Non-COVID units per your preference.
2)Front Entrance Ambassador -- greets patients/visitors, assists with wayfinding and wheelchair escorts. Available at all sites.
3) Emergency Department Volunteer -- assists with stocking, setting up patient rooms and other tasks to support the emergency department care team.
4) Aurora Psychiatric Hospital is in need of Activity Assistants to welcome patients into recreational activity session and running recreational activities for the patients such as arts/crafts, games, etc.AND Ambassadors
--Zilber Hospice facility has several volunteer opportunities
--Racine/Kenosha Home Hospice: supportive calls, flower arranging, office support, crafting, card/letter writing
--Green Bay, Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Oshkosh Home Hospice: supportive phone calls
6) Virtual Volunteer Opportunities: variety of opportunities done remotely such as calling patients and families to share our visitor policy and the support we provide to connect them virtually to visit; stylist to help with wig consultations via Zoom to help our cancer patients and more!
In order to become an Advocate Aurora Health volunteer, you must:
--Be at least 15 years old
--Complete a criminal background check
--Submit proof of two Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR) vaccines
--Take a TB test
--Obtain a flu vaccination during flu season annually
--Complete a volunteer orientation (online if possible)
--Complete this online application form
Ready to get started?
1. Fill out the form below.
2. Click the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page.
3. Look for a confirmation email from us with information on next steps.
Please note that all information submitted on this Volunteer Application Form will be kept confidential and will only be used by Advocate Aurora Volunteer Services.