Thank you for your interest in becoming an Advocate Aurora Volunteer. Because of the dedication and generosity of volunteers like you, we're helping people be safe and live well during this unprecedented time.
URGENT: Our greatest need now is for volunteers to help at our vaccination clinics through May. Volunteers help with greeting, directing patient flow, running supplies, etc. We have clinics located across WI. We currently do not need any additional vaccine volunteers at our Sheboygan or Summit locations.
We also have a few other volunteer roles available and all provide opportunities to positively impact our patients and visitors experience at our hospitals and clinics. Here are the roles for which we are accepting new volunteers:
1) Inpatient Volunteer Floor Assistants -- assist the nursing teams with tasks such as answering phones, stocking supplies, etc. to alleviate the stress for these frontline team members. Volunteers serve on non-COVID or mixed COVID/Non-COVID units per your preference.
2)Front Entrance Ambassador -- greets patients/visitors, assists with wayfinding and wheelchair escorts. Available at all sites.
3) Assistant Screener -- assists the screeners by taking temperatures of those coming onsite using a no-touch thermometer. Helps provide direction and assists with delivering screening supplies to the screening stations.
Please note: Assistant Screeners needed ONLY at the following sites:
Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center
Aurora St. Luke's South Shore
Aurora West Allis Medical Center
Aurora Medical Center Washington County
Aurora Medical Center Summit
--Racine/Kenosha: supportive calls, flower arranging, office support, crafting, card/letter writing
--Green Bay, Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Oshkosh: supportive phone calls
5) Special Project Volunteer -- help mark N95 masks for use by frontline health care workers, organize hospital gowns, and other projects.
6) Virtual Volunteer Opportunities: variety of opportunities done remotely such as calling patients and families to share our visitor policy and the support we provide to connect them virtually to visit; stylist to help with wig consultations via Zoom to help our cancer patients and more!
In order to become an Advocate Aurora Health volunteer, you must:
--Be at least 18 years old (we have temporarily suspended on-boarding anyone under 18)
--Complete a criminal background check
--Submit proof of two Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR) vaccines
--Take a TB test
--Obtain a flu vaccination during flu season annually
--Complete a volunteer orientation (online if possible)
--Complete this online application form
Ready to get started?
1. Fill out the form below.
2. Click the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page.
3. Look for a confirmation email from us with information on next steps.
Please note that all information submitted on this Volunteer Application Form will be kept confidential and will only be used by Advocate Aurora Volunteer Services.