Please have the GROUP LEADER complete this application form if your group is interested in volunteering with WORLD RELIEF. After completing the form, click the CONTINUE button at the bottom.
Empowering the local Church to serve the most vulnerable.
In community with the local Church, World Relief envisions the most vulnerable people transformed economically, socially, and spiritually.
• The Example of Jesus as we serve those who are suffering from poverty and injustice, regardless of color, belief, or gender, as part of God’s plan to redeem, reconcile, and restore the world. We seek to follow Jesus by living holy, humble, and honest lives individually and corporately.
• The Local Church as a primary agent of bringing peace, justice, and love to a broken world. The integrated “word” and “deed” dimensions of God’s mandate, as evidenced through the church’s integral, or transformational, mission are necessary to bringing reconciliation and restoration to God, others, and the environment.
• People whether staff, volunteers, clients, beneficiaries, donors, and partners, as important actors in bringing peace, love, and justice. We recognize and affirm World Relief as a multicultural organization and seek to understand and respect the multiplicity of cultures among us. As we seek change in the world, we recognize that we, too, are changed, by those we serve.
• Excellence/Continuous Improvement in all our program initiatives and support services, following best practices and standards in a manner that is sustainable to the community from a spiritual, social, and economic perspective. We also seek to apply our human and financial resources in such ways that maximize impact and sustain benefits to the greatest number of people.
• Empowerment by prioritizing the leadership and participation of those we serve, whether people, churches, or local institutions, as critical to creating and sustaining change. We seek to catalyze a movement of worldwide volunteers to multiply impact, and we value capacity-building as a means towards that end.
• Partnership by seeking, facilitating, and promoting collaboration among all stakeholders, including local governments, the worldwide church, mission agencies, other NGOs, and the business community, recognizing partnership as essential to serving the most vulnerable. We believe each expression of the worldwide Church has a unique and interdependent role in bringing peace and justice to the world.
• Prayer is the priority and foundation to accomplishing our mission.
You do not have to be a Christian to serve as a volunteer or intern with World Relief. We simply ask that you respect our Mission, Vision, and Values and understand that we are a Christian organization dedicated to living out Christian principles. Our expectation is that you will facilitate a relationship with staff, clients, and community that is indicative of our stance of preserving dignity and empowering those we serve.
Please provide the following information. In the members field, please estimate the number of members that you expect to have in your group (including the leader).
Please include information for the group's point of contact.
This section is only relevant if your group is directly affiliated with a school or church. If your group does not have this affiliation, please skip this section.
Please select 1-3 preferences from the list below.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK
I understand that I must pass a Criminal Background Check in order to intern or volunteer with World Relief.
HEALTH RISKS & CONFIDENTIALITY
By checking the "I Agree" box, I confirm that I am aware that World Relief clients or staff may have communicable diseases and I should use good hygiene practices and Universal Health Precautions when interacting with clients or staff. I recognize that client and staff health information is confidential, in accordance with state and/or federal law. World Relief cannot disclose information regarding medical status unless legally authorized by the client or other legal authority.
Universal Health Precautions include:
• Use gloves when administering first aid
• Avoid contact with blood and bodily fluids
• Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Other Good Hygiene Practices includes:
• During times of outbreaks of illness, avoid shaking hands or otherwise touching clients or other individuals while volunteering for World Relief, if at all possible
• Refraining for volunteer work while having any symptoms of illness
• Self-quarantining in accordance with CDC guidelines if exposed to any communicable disease that can be ready transmitted in World Relief volunteer scenarios
I acknowledge that World Relief may suspend volunteer activities in order to safeguard public health, and I recognize that I could become ill from communicable diseases encountered during World Relief volunteer activities, despite taking Universal Health Precautions and practicing other Good Hygiene Practices. I assume this risk in my role as a volunteer.
I understand that at any time, I may advise World Relief that I will suspend volunteering due to my concerns regarding any communicable illnesses. I also understand that if I have any symptoms of illness, I am not permitted to volunteer in any capacity that involves contact with others.
By checking the "I Agree" box, I confirm that I do not expect any financial compensation for my services.
I give World Relief permission to photograph or film me and use such photos or videos in World Relief promotional materials and related publications without remuneration to me.
All interns/volunteers must have a valid driver’s license and pass a Motor Vehicle Records Check in order to operate a World Relief vehicle, or a personal vehicle while on company business.
By checking the "I Agree" box, I confirm that I am covered by personal liability and property damage automobile insurance that meets the minimum state requirements. I understand that I am responsible for all damage and liability claims to my personal vehicle. I affirm that any vehicle I operate while interning or volunteering with World Relief is owned by me or that I have express permission granted by the owner to operate this vehicle. I understand that if I permit anyone other than myself to operate my vehicle, I do so at my own risk and that my insurance may be implicated in the event of any injury or damage to property.
PREVENTION OF SEXUAL EXPLOITATION & ABUSE
World Relief defines the term ‘sexual exploitation’ as any actual or attempted abuse of position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially, or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term ‘sexual abuse’ means actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force, coercion or under unequal conditions. World Relief has a zero-tolerance policy for exploitative and abusive relationships. Likewise, we will also not tolerate any actions that jeopardize employee security or the reputation of our organization. It follows, therefore, that interns and volunteers should have:
• No sexual contact with children under the age of 18 (mistaken belief of age is not a legitimate defense)
• No sexual contact with or intimate relationships with World Relief beneficiaries/clients.
Acts of sexual exploitation and abuse will result in disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal. By checking the "I Agree" box, I agree to act in a professional and ethical manner in accordance with the Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Code of Conduct.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
By checking the "I Agree" box, I confirm that I am aware of the potential risks to which I may be exposed during the assignment that I have voluntarily accepted with World Relief. I have thoroughly investigated the conditions of my assignment with World Relief and fully understand the potential risks of serving in this particular capacity. With such knowledge, I hereby indemnify and hold harmless World Relief, and waive any and all legal claims against World Relief for any injuries, direct and consequential damages, or loss that may result from my service, assuming all of such risk unto myself.
I understand and agree that submitting this application form does not automatically register me as a World Relief volunteer, and that there may be certain qualifications I must meet before I may begin volunteering. By checking this box I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understand the Mission, Vision & Values of World Relief and the Volunteer Terms and Conditions and will respect them in the manner in which I serve and agree to the information stated in the Release of Liability and the Confidentiality Agreement. By submitting this form, I attest that the information I have provided on the form is true and accurate.