Covid-19 and Flu Vaccination Policy: In the spirit of safeguarding patients – as well as you, our employees, faculty, physicians, staff, students and volunteers – a mandatory Covid-19 and flu vaccination policy has been implemented across Kootenai Health.
If accepted as a volunteer:
1. I understand that Kootenai Health volunteers are required to receive the Covid-19 and annual flu vaccination. Individuals with severe reactions to any component of the flu vaccine, other than egg proteins, must provide written documentation from their primary care physician stating such.
2. Certify all statements made on this application to be true, correct, and complete to the best of my knowledge and made in good faith.
3. I understand that volunteering is contingent upon successfully passing a drug screening test per Kootenai Health Policy.
4. Shall submit to health screen examinations, which may include chest X-rays and a blood drawn TB test as part of my volunteer services application. I also authorize the person(s) making tests or x-ray films to report the results to the volunteer office.
5. Agree to the use of confidential information only as needed to perform my volunteer duties. This means I will not access confidential information without legitimate need/permission, nor in any way divulge, copy, release, sell, lend, revise, alter, or destroy any confidential information that belongs to Kootenai Health. I understand that I will be automatically dismissed as a volunteer if I do not respect my responsibility for maintaining confidentiality.
6. Agree to donate my services to Kootenai Health and to give for humanitarian, religious, or charitable reasons.
7. Shall not sell or attempt to sell goods or services, request contributions or solicit persons to sign or distribute political petitions on hospital premises, unless I receive the express authorization of the of Volunteer Services Manager to engage in these activities.
8. Shall be punctual and conscientious, conduct myself with dignity, courtesy and consideration of others, and endeavor to make my work professional in quality.
9. Shall attempt to resolve any problems related to my volunteer activities with my supervisor, and, if unsuccessful, attempt to resolve any such problems with the Volunteer Services Manager.
10. Shall make my best effort to fulfill my commitment to Kootenai Health by completing all assignments that I accept.
11. Shall uphold the mission of the organization at all times.
12. Authorize a reference & criminal background check, as well as investigation of any and all statements contained in this application, for the purpose of determining volunteer decisions.
13. Understand that the volunteer services department reserves the right to terminate my volunteer status as a result of (a) failure to comply with hospital policies, rules, and regulations; (b) 3 absences without prior notification; (c) unsatisfactory attitude, work, or appearance; or (d) any other circumstances which, in the judgment of the department Manager, would make my continued service as a volunteer contrary to the best interests of the patients and Kootenai Health.
14. I understand and agree to a 90-day probationary period commencing upon my first shift to ensure all duty requirements.