We are looking for outgoing, friendly individuals to join our Event Volunteer team! This is a great way to get involved in your community, experience events, and meet a lot of great people. Events range from big to small and the commitment varies (week nights, week days, length of time, etc), depending on what exciting opportunity you want to be a part of. Don’t worry about experience – we will provide training!
Please be sure to read the following carefully. This application is to become an Event Volunteer with the Guelph Humane Society (GHS). GHS receives many applications; include as much information in your application as possible, as this is our first step in getting to know you.
The Guelph Humane Society requires all volunteers 18 years and older to submit a Criminal Record Check as part of our screening process. Record checks are free for GHS volunteers. All accepted volunteers will be given a letter to provide Guelph Police Services for a Criminal Record Check after orientation. Criminal Record Checks completed within the past 12 months are acceptable. More information on obtaining a Record Check from Guelph Police Services, can be found at https://www.guelphpolice.ca/en/request-for-information/records-and-background-checks.aspx
We are proud of our diverse volunteer team and welcome people with all levels of abilities to join.
1) If you require any accommodations, please provide details on how we can better address your needs.
2) If you have any allergies or health issues that might be a concern, please specify them here. *Note that GHS is NOT a peanut-free building.
1) Are you 16 years old or older?
2) Are you able to make a 6-month commitment to volunteering?
3) What is your availability?
1) What are you hoping to get out of your volunteer experience with us?
2) What are you most interested in doing during your volunteer time?
Please tell us about any pets you have or any animals that are important in your life.
Please tell us about any previous volunteer experience and if you have ever volunteered with animals before.
Please list your skills or experience that would be helpful.
Take this opportunity to brag about yourself! What are some skills you have that you are proud of?