Red Deer Volunteer Application Form
Please complete this application form if you are interested in becoming a Hope Mission volunteer. Once you complete the form, click the submit button at the bottom. Please be aware that there may be a processing time.
Name and address
You may optionally provide the following information. It is used only to help us get a better idea of the demographic make-up of our volunteers.
Date of birth (dd/mm/year):
Is there anyone under 18 in your group?:
Do you currently affiliate yourself with a faith/religious organization? If yes, please list the name of your church and/or your faith:
Experience with Hope Mission:
Employment with Hope Mission
No Experience With Hope Mission
Previously Used Hope Mission Services
Volunteer at Hope Mission
Why are you choosing to volunteer with Hope Mission and what are your expectations?
Please check all that apply
Reason for Volunteering:
Community Service/Alternative Measures
Desire to Help in the Community
Red Deer Program:
Kids in Action
Please indicate the days and times you are usually available to volunteer.
If there are any other factors that will affect you availability, please indicate:
Please provide us with two references
Do you have any physical, medical, or mental health concerns we should be aware of? If yes, please explain:
Are you interested in receiving information about future volunteer opportunities with
We like to keep volunteers informed of important news, schedules, and volunteer opportunities by email, however will not send you any email you prefer not to receive. Use the checkboxes below to select the kinds of email you would like to receive from us.
What kinds of email would you like to receive?
Opt-in to receive Hope Mission's newsletter which provides updates on special events, volunteers, current needs and more!
These emails will notify you when volunteer spots open up which match your availability and preferences.
Online Database Setup
Red Deer Volunteer Waiver & Agreement
Please note that a criminal record check and a child intervention check must also be completed in order to volunteer at Hope Mission Red Deer.
I agree and acknowledge that:
1. I freely and voluntarily assume any risks and hazard inherent in the nature of volunteering at Hope Mission and accordingly my participation shall be entirely at my own risk. I am aware I must have WHMIS certification if I am mixing chemicals while on site.
2. I waive any claim I may have against Hope Mission arising from my volunteerism, and agree to indemnify and save harmless Hope Mission from any claim, including any claim for medical service arising from my participation in volunteering.
3. Hope Mission may secure such medical advice and services as it, in its sole discretion, may deem necessary for my health and safety and I shall be financially responsible for such advice and services.
4. The release, waiver of claim, and assumption of risk is binding on myself, my heirs, my executors, administrators, personal representatives, parents / guardians, and assignees.
5. I also release Hope Mission from any and all liability resulting from my verbal testimony given of my own free will.
6. I understand that Hope Mission is a Christian social organization, and that agreeing with this document does not indicate belief in the Hope Mission statement of faith or values, but rather that I agree to respect and not detract from them during my service as a volunteer.
7. I understand that a reference check, interview, police information check and child intervention record check are required when volunteering with children/youth at Hope Mission Red Deer.
8. I understand that an orientation will be provided and once I am aware of the expectations and responsibilities, I will abide by them.
Rules & Safety / Boundaries Agreement
Volunteers should conduct themselves in a professional manner exercising prudent judgment, diligence in the performance of their duties, and agree to the following boundaries:
1. I will not give out any unnecessary personal information about myself (including last name, address, phone number, email address, place of employment, etc.).
2. I will not disclose any information I learn while at Hope Mission, including the identity of community members. I will not take photos without permission or share stories with the media unless arranged by Hope Mission and with full permission of the individuals involved.
3. I will not accept or offer gifts (including loaning money or offering a ride).
4. I will not go into an isolated area of the Hope Mission building or property by myself or with a Hope Mission client. I will make sure there is always another volunteer or a staff member present.
5. I will refrain from meeting with clients outside of a designated Hope Mission service location.
6. I will not enter into a dating, sexual, or otherwise inappropriate relationship with a Hope Mission client.
7. I will be very cautious regarding physical touch with Hope Mission clients and will not engage in any kind of touch (hugging, arm around the shoulder, etc.) unless Ive ensured that both parties are comfortable with this.
8. I will not get involved if there is a crisis situation at Hope Mission, but will alert staff and step back to a safe distance.
9. I will dress appropriately and modesty while I am volunteering at Hope Mission, and will abide by the following dress code:
a. Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing that I dont mind possibly getting dirty.
b. No open toed shoes, sandals, heels, or crocs. Shoes must be comfortable and appropriate for a kitchen environment.
c. No tank tops, sleeveless shirts, midriff-baring tops, or low cut shirts.
d. No shorts or skirts legs must be covered to below the knee.
e. No clothing with profanity or inappropriate graphics or messages.
10. I will refer guests to Hope Mission staff if they ask me something that I am unsure how to answer. If I am ever in a situation where I do not feel comfortable, I will seek the assistance of a Hope Mission staff member immediately.
11. I understand that Hope Mission is not responsible for any personal belongings, and I will leave all my valuables at home or, if necessary, in my vehicle.
12. I understand that I am expected to arrive on time and stay for the full length of my shift, as the rest of the team is relying on my participation. If I cant make my shift for whatever reason, I understand that I am expected to email or phone the volunteer coordinator or department supervisor with as much notice as possible. I understand that volunteers that miss two shifts without notice will be removed from the volunteer pool.
13. I will sign in at the beginning of each shift at Hope Mission. I am aware that Hope Mission tracks volunteer hours for statistical purposes.
14. I will not use derogatory or profane language in Hope Mission at any time.
Return to Volunteer Services