Thank you for your interest in volunteering as a Junior Counselor with the Columbus and Franklin County Metro Parks Summer Camp Program.
This program is designed for teenagers ages 13-17 who have an interest in working with a camp program focused on engaging children with the outdoors.
You must complete this application form if you are interested in becoming a Metro Parks Junior Counselor volunteer. Once you complete the form, click the 'continue' button at the bottom of the page. Only applicants with completed applications will be considered for the program. Completed applications consist of the completion of this form and a letter of recommendation from a non-family member (teachers, scout leaders, etc.). Both the online application and letter of recommendation must be received no later than March 1, 2020. Letters of recommendation can be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to Metro Parks Headquarters. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Metro Parks Headquarters
Attn: Camp Coordinator
1069 W. Main Street
Westerville, OH 43081
Once your completed application has been submitted, a Metro Parks staff member will reach out to schedule an in-person volunteer interview.
1. Be at least 13 and no older than 17 years old during the months of May-August 2020.
2. Have access to reliable transportation to and from the Metro Parks.
3. Be able to commit to at least 48 hours of service between the months of June-August 2020.
4. Be able to work outside in various weather conditions.
5. Have an enthusiasm for camp and/or the environment they are willing to share with children.
Applicants accepted into the program must:
1. Attend a mandatory orientation and training. Mandatory orientation and training will take place on May 13 or 14, 2020 from 4:30-7:30pm. You only need to attend one of these dates and more information will be sent to you if you are accepted into the program.
2. Pay a $10 fee to cover the cost of uniform t-shirts, name tag and training materials.
3. Arrive for assigned volunteer shifts on time and ready to complete volunteer responsibilities.
4. Be able to work outside for extended periods of time in various weather conditions.
5. Provide personal lunches and transportation to and from the Metro Parks on assigned shift dates.