Please complete this application form and read the agreement if you are interested in becoming a Real Change volunteer. Once you complete the form, click the submit button at the bottom.
Please provide us with a way to get in touch with you.
This information helps us get to know who is interested in volunteering with us.
Please indicate the days and times you are usually available to volunteer, and how you would like to volunteer.
You can view a list of all position descriptions by going to http://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/OD?FROM=90509
Please let us know what you can offer Real Change.
Have you had any previous experience as a volunteer? If so, what did you do?
What is your Employment and Education Background?
What has your experience or education with and about the homeless community been like?
Do you have any special needs or restrictions we should be aware of? If so, what is the best way we can accommodate you?
I consent to enter a volunteer agreement with Real Change Homeless Empowerment Project ("Real Change"). The Real Change Volunteer Program exists to bring to life the organization’s vision of multi-class relationship-building. Volunteers are a bridge to empowering the communities we serve. The connection made between volunteers and vendors serves a crucial role in Real Change’s overall organizing model and mission. Real Change could not exist without our volunteers’ support.
As a volunteer at Real Change, I agree to the following:
1. I acknowledge that this volunteer relationship is mutually beneficial and I enter into it because I derive satisfaction out of donating my time and/or because I am receiving school credit. I am committed to providing assistance on a volunteer basis and do not expect to be paid for my time.
2. I am expected to treat each and every person in the office with respect and patience. If a situation arises that upsets me or makes me angry or uncomfortable, I will get a staff member to assist me. Racist, sexist, or homophobic language is not accepted in the Real Change office.
3. I agree to be on time for my shift. If I am going to be more than 5 minutes late, I will let my supervisor know. If I am late or absent more than 3 times without contacting Real Change first, I will be asked to step down from my volunteer shift.
4. I will give the Volunteer Manager as much notice as I can if I am going to miss a shift, or if I need to step down from my volunteer responsibilities. I will notify the Volunteer Manager two weeks before leaving my volunteer position, if possible. Real Change wants to continue to make the office a great place to volunteer, so they may request a resignation/exit interview at that time. I understand that Real Change may ask that I cease providing volunteer services for the organization at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
5. I understand and acknowledge that during my volunteer service with Real Change, I will have access to confidential information not generally known to the public concerning the business of Real Change. I agree that during my volunteer service with Real Change and at all times thereafter, I will hold Real Change's confidential information in strict confidence, and will not disclose or use such information outside the scope of my volunteer service with Real Change, or without Real Change’s prior authorization. For purposes of this Agreement, "confidential information" includes, but is not limited to, information regarding projects and potential projects, organizational practices, donors and potential donors, methodologies, management philosophy and information, and information concerning Real Change vendors, staff, interns, or other volunteers. I further agree and understand that I will immediately return all Real Change confidential information at the end of volunteer service, or whenever requested by Real Change.
6. Volunteers and staff are considered partners in implementing the mission and programs of the organization. It is essential that staff respect and support the volunteers' contribution to our services. Additionally, volunteers are asked to respect and uphold the decisions of staff members. If I have a question or a concern about a staff policy or decision, I agree to discuss it with the Volunteer Manager.
7. Each volunteer who is accepted to a position within the organization has a clearly appointed supervisor. Generally speaking, the Volunteer Manager directly supervises program volunteers; other department heads supervise their own volunteers. The supervisor is responsible for day-to-day management and involving the volunteer in all relevant communications relating to their position, program and the organization as a whole. If I have a concern regarding my supervisor or the flow of communication, I may bring this to the attention of the Volunteer Manager or her supervisor, the Managing Director.
I have read and I understand the above Volunteer Agreement. I acknowledge that any action inconsistent with this Agreement or failure to take action mandated by this Agreement may result in my removal as a volunteer.