1. Submitting this application form does not automatically register me as a Niagara Health (NH) volunteer, and that there may be certain qualifications I must meet, including the acceptance of established volunteer policies and procedures before I may begin volunteering.
2. The personal information collected in this application will be used as part of the application screening process to evaluate my suitability for a volunteer position.
3. I understand any misrepresentation or omission from this application may result in the rejection of my application and/or will constitute as sufficient grounds for termination as a volunteer.
4. I understand that, prior to confirmation of a volunteer position and shift time, volunteers must submit the results of a negative 2-step Tuberculosis (TB) Test and provide proof of immunization for Varicella (chicken pox), Measles, Mumps and Rubella. All volunteers must submit a CDSP (Communicable Disease Surveillance Program) form that your health care provider is required to complete.
5. I understand that, prior to confirmation of a volunteer position with NH, I must submit two letters of reference with reference to information about me, including but not limited to achievement, performance, attendance, employment/educational history, disciplinary information and reason for separation of employment and/or education.
6. I understand that, prior to confirmation of a volunteer position with NH; I must submit the results of a Police Criminal Reference Check if I am over the age of 18 years.
7. Upon agreement that you will commence volunteering, you agree to have your photograph taken for identification purposes; and to comply with the conditions of the volunteer position and the policies of the Hospital.
8. I agree to make a regular commitment to NH for a minimum of 1 year and/or a minimum of 60 hours of service.
9. I will not disclose or use, during or subsequent to my volunteer service with Niagara Health, any information (written, verbal, electronic, or other form) relating to patients, employees, volunteers or Hospital business.
10. I authorize NH to release information about me regarding my volunteer commitment while providing a reference check or specific position plan, inclusive of but not limited to dates of volunteer commitment, achievement, performance, attendance, eligibility for rehire, disciplinary information and reason for separation of volunteer commitment.
11. I give consent for my provided contact information to be shared within Niagara Health.
12. If accepted as a volunteer, I must wear my ID badge and uniform while on duty and that these items, in addition to the parking pass/access card (if applicable) must be returned to the Volunteer Department within 4 weeks of termination of appointment. A fully refundable deposit for the uniform in the amount of $20 will be required.
13. There will be a 3 month probationary period during which time either party may terminate the partnership with minimal explanation.
14. Niagara Health is not responsible for any claims for personal injury and/or property damage that may arise from or be in any way connected to my participation as a volunteer. The Hospital's insurance coverage will protect me from personal liability while I am serving as a volunteer, provided that I am acting in accordance with such directions or instructions as are given to me by the volunteer management, and I am acting reasonably, honestly and in good faith. Volunteers are not covered by workplace safety insurance through WSIB.