Please complete this application form if you are interested in becoming a Desert AIDS Project volunteer. Once you complete the form, click the Continue button at the bottom.
Please provide the following information. It is used only to help us get a better idea of the demographic make-up of our volunteers.
Summarize your previous volunteer experience and please tell us why you are interested in volunteering with DAP/Revivals Stores.
Summarize special skills and qualifications you have acquired from employment, previous volunteer work, or through other activities, including hobbies or sports.
In which of these areas do you feel you have moderate to excellent skill? Check all that apply.
Please indicate the days and times you are usually available to volunteer.
Below is a list of volunteer opportunities at Desert AIDS Project. We are constantly evolving to address the needs of our clients and community. In the interview process, any new opportunities that may arise may be discussed. Not all programs are available at all times. A minimum time commitment of four hour per week is requested, with the exception of special events.
Please rank your areas of interest below. You can choose up to 3. Volunteer positions include:
• Administrative Support: assist various departments with clerical support, data entry, mailings, filing, and other office duties as assigned
• Community Health: Outreach activities at various health fairs, festivals and other special events. Activities include greeting visitors, distributing literature and giveaways, registering individuals, and answering general questions about DAP services, hours, locations, etc.
• Condom Club: volunteers meet a few days a month to assemble safer-sex kits with condoms, lubricant, and information on testing for distribution to the community.
• Events/Resource & Development: fundraising events such as, Steve Chase Humanitarian Awards (our annual gala), Desert AIDS Walk, Dining Out for Life, Queen of the Desert, and Everyday Heroes are our largest events. There may be other smaller events during the season.
• Food Depot: assist with food, gas & bus card distribution once a month volunteer cashiers, donation acceptance and processing, greeters, donation pickup scheduling and data entry.
• REVIVALS Resale Stores: volunteer cashiers, donation acceptance, greeters, pickup scheduling, and data entry.
• Welcome Desk: Front Desk to the agency, assisting incoming clients, visitors, vendors, and guests.
• Wellness Center: We support holistic approach to medical care. Enrolled clients will have access to services such as acupuncture, Reiki, and participation in artistic groups such as clay sculpting, knitting, and painting. Volunteers are always welcome to bring ideas and expertise to the table for new offerings.
In the event of an emergency whom should we notify?
I understand and agree that submitting this application form does not automatically register me as a Desert AIDS Project volunteer, and that there may be certain qualifications I must meet and agree to, such as a Background Check, various Agreements/Waivers and the acceptance of established volunteer policies and procedures before I may begin volunteering.
By submitting this form, I also attest that the information I have provided on the form is true and accurate.