Please complete this application form if you are 14-17 years old and interested in becoming a Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens volunteer. Once you complete the form, click the submit button at the bottom.
THIS IS NOT THE ZOOTEEN! PROGRAM APPLICATION. That is a separate application that must be downloaded from the website (posted in February of each year).
Junior Volunteers serve in a variety of roles throughout our zoo! The primary role for Junior Volunteers is Exhibit Hosting. Exhibit Hosts are responsible for greeting and educating guests about the exhibit they are assigned to. Exhibit Hosts will be assigned to a specific area and will train in that area until there is an opportunity to move at the discretion of the Volunteer Engagement Department and Exhibit Guide team. The goal of this program is for each Exhibit Host to learn as much as possible about every key exhibit in the zoo and spread our message of conservation and education. These teens will also have the opportunity to volunteer at the train dock, restaurants, and most special events including Spooktacular and ZooLights!
- Junior Volunteers must be between the ages of 14-17
- Junior Volunteers must commit to at least 6 months of service and 4 hrs of volunteer service per month.
- All volunteers must be willing to accept and utilize constructive feedback from volunteer staff.
- Junior Volunteer must come with a willingness to learn and great attitude!
- Junior Volunteers will attend one classroom training with a parent/guardian.
- All volunteers must train as Exhibit Hosts in designated training areas before moving on to other Exhibit Host areas.