We’re so glad you've chosen VEAP as your place to volunteer! This registration form does not commit you to volunteering and instead just begins the process. You may opt out at any point. If you want to get started volunteering immediately, please close this tab and register through our Fast Track application instead. Please note: the minimum age to volunteer is 9 if accompanied by an adult. Youth ages 12 and older may volunteer independently.
To become a VEAP volunteer:
1) Complete this registration form.
2) Attend a VEAP Informational Meeting. You can register for this event at the end of this form.
3) Meet with a staff member or trained volunteer for a brief placement interview to discuss which position is your best fit. All placement interviews are currently completed via phone during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We look forward to connecting with you soon! If you have any questions, contact our Volunteer Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952.955.8323.
Do you have limitations that would prevent you from lifting, bending, or being on your feet?
Use this section to tell us more about yourself. The two checkboxes below refer too . . .
- Email Opportunities: Our Volunteer Department periodically emails volunteers about new opportunities at VEAP such as open positions, events, and more. Check this box if it's OK to receive news about new opportunities from us via email.
- Photography is OK: We use photos of volunteers for marketing purposes as well as for decoration on-site. Check this box if you are OK with us using photos of you volunteering.
1)Is there anything specific you'd like to accomplish while volunteering with us?
2) Are you 55+ and would like to learn about the RSVP Volunteer Program and free benefits? RSVP is a partner of VEAP. To learn more go to www.veap.org/volunteer.
3)Any other facts about yourself that you think we should know?
The information collected is used to help us better understand the different identities of our volunteer corps as well as in our annual report and for writing various grant proposals. Besides age, this section is completely voluntary so please select "prefer not to answer" for any questions you would like to skip.
Selecting days and times is not a commitment and will only be used to help us better understand your interest and needs.
Please check all the skills you have and are willing to share through your volunteering at VEAP.
VEAP collects this information in order to share aggregate data with local faith communities who support VEAP with food and fund donations.
VEAP collects this information to learn more about our volunteers and to support partnership efforts with businesses and corporations.
In case of an emergency, please identify who VEAP should contact.
After signing up for an informational meeting you will receive a confirmation via email with next steps from our Volunteer Department.
I understand that if I decide to volunteer I will be required to complete compliance paperwork, such as the VEAP Code of Conduct, as well as pass a criminal background check prior to my volunteer placement if I am over the age of 18.
I understand that if I have questions about this form or volunteering for VEAP in general, I can contact the Volunteer Department at email@example.com or call 952.955.8323