Please complete this form and review the Code of Ethics, Photo Release and Waiver of Liability. Once you complete the form, click the button at the bottom.
Please provide the following information.
For what Park site (or non-park agency) will you be coaching?
What sport and age group will you be coaching?
In the event of an emergency whom should we notify?
1. I will respect all employees and volunteers and ensure that my players, spectators and supporters conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with good sportsmanship before, during, and after every game.
2. I understand that I cannot utilize assistant coaches (volunteers) who have not been background checked. I agree to alert my park director when I am not available to coach and will ask for assistance.
3. I will remember these are young athletes who desire to learn through fun. I will offer encouragement and compliments for their effort, good sportsmanship and improved play.
4. I will demonstrate dignity in winning or in losing, recognizing that both offer opportunities for the personal growth of our youth participants.
5. I will never physically, verbally or mentally harm a child in my care.
6. I will never knowingly permit an ineligible player to play on a team or withhold information concerning potentially ineligible players.
7. I will provide assistance to game officials to ensure the game is played within the spirit of good sportsmanship and by the rules.
8. I will treat game officials with respect and ensure players, spectators and supporters do the same.
9. I will refrain from using alcoholic beverages, illegal substances or tobacco while in direct supervision of my players.
10. I will become thoroughly acquainted with and demonstrate a working knowledge of the rules of the game.
11. I will insure equal playing time for all participants in accordance to league rules.
12. I understand that I am NOT required to transport players in my personal vehicle as a part of my volunteers duties.
13. I will complete the CDC Heads Up Concussion in Youth Sports online training program.
14. I understand that it is my responsibility to read and comply with the policies contained in the MPRB Volunteer Handbook, Coach Certification Materials, Youth Sports Team Policies and Guidelines, and Sport Specific Bulletin (all available online) and any revisions made to them.
In consideration for being allowed to participate in Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board volunteer activities, I agree and bind my executors, administrators and assigns to forever release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board and the City of Minneapolis, Minnesota and its respective agents, employees and officers from all claims or courses of action which may hereafter exist by reason of any loss, damage to property and/or personal injury and/or death which may be caused and/or sustained by the undersigned while participating in volunteer activities. I acknowledge that there is no medical reason why I cannot or should not participate in this volunteer activity. I understand that personal injury, illness, death or other loss to myself or others may occur directly or proximately from my participating in any and all volunteer activities that I engage in with the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board, and I voluntarily assume this risk. I further acknowledge that I have read the foregoing, understand its terms and meaning and have made diligent inquiry concerning any questions about this document that I may have. By checking the box below I am agreeing to allow the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board to use photos and/or videos of myself or my minor child for MPRB public relations purposes. I have read this Release and Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement, fully understand its terms, and have checked the box below freely and voluntarily and that by checking the box below, intend that to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent permitted by law.
By checking the box below, I pledge to follow the MPRB Coaches Code of Ethics and agree to the Waiver of Liability and Photo Release.
By submitting this form, I attest that I have read the Code of Ethics, Waiver of Liability and Photo Release information and that the information I have provided on the form is true and accurate.