Release and Waiver of Liability
This release and waiver of liability releases the Des Moines Art Center and each of its directors, officers, employees, and agents. The volunteer understands that the scope of the volunteer’s relationship with the Des Moines Art Center is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for the services provided by the volunteer; that the Des Moines Art Center will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to the volunteer; and that the volunteer is responsible for their own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of the volunteer’s services to the Art Center.
1. Waiver and Release: I, the volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless the Des Moines Art Center and its employees from any and all liability, claims, and demands of any kind of nature, either in law or equity, which arise and may hereafter arise from the services I provide. I understand and acknowledge that this release discharges the Art Center from any liability or claim that I may have against the Art Center with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services I provide to the Art Center or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
2. Insurance: Further I understand that the Des Moines Art Center does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability benefits or insurance. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of the Art Center beyond what may be offered freely by the Art Center in the event of injury or medical expenses incurred by me.
3. Assumption of Risk: I understand that the services I provide to the Art Center may include activities that may be hazardous to me. As a volunteer, I hereby expressly assume risk of injury or harm from these activities and release the Art Center from all liability.
4. Photographic Release: I grant and convey to the Des Moines Art Center all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by the Art Center in connection with my volunteer services.
5. Other: As a volunteer, I expressly agree that this release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the state of Iowa and that this release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Iowa. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this release shall not be affected.
As a volunteer, I will positively represent the Des Moines Art Center and will not falsely represent myself as a staff member of the Art Center. If any questions, issues, or emergency situations arise, I will immediately notify the nearest Art Center staff member.
I understand the physical demands as a volunteer may include walking, sitting, standing, carrying and ability to carry weights of less than 20 lbs. Examples include: setting up tables, chairs/stools, gathering materials, redistributing materials, setting out and cleaning up supplies, décor, and/or food and beverage for Art Center or member group programs.
I agree to the above conditions and by signing below, express my understanding and intent to enter into this Release and Waiver of Liability willingly and voluntarily.