I agree that the answers and information included are accurate and complete to the best of my knowledge. I acknowledge that if any answer or information is not accurate or complete, I may not be asked to volunteer.
1. I authorize UnityPoint Health Des Moines to investigate all statements contained in this application for volunteer services, as well as my character and qualifications. I release UnityPoint Health-Des Moines from all liability for acts performed in good faith and without malice in connection with the investigation of my background and evaluation of my application.
2. I authorize my past and present employers, volunteer organizations, and others with information regarding my work, volunteering, or my character to provide UnityPoint Health-Des Moines with all the information requested and to cooperate fully with the inquiry of my character and qualifications. I also release those employers, references, and others from all liability for providing information in good faith without malice.
3. I understand and agree that the relationship between myself and UnityPoint Health-Des Moines may be terminated at any time by either party.
4. I understand that my acceptance to volunteer in patient contact areas depends on UnityPoint Health-Des Moines ensuring that I have no health problems which would prevent me from volunteering effectively and with complete safety for myself and UnityPoint Health-Des Moines' patients, employees, and visitors. Accordingly, I agree that I will submit to a health evaluation through UnityPoint Health-Des Moines health services department and that my acceptance to volunteer will depend upon approval by the health services department.
5. I understand that as a volunteer, I must conform to all of UnityPoint Health-Des Moines rules and regulations, including those in the Volunteer Handbook. I also understand that I will be required to obtain and wear the appropriate volunteer uniform. This uniform includes a name tag and a jacket or vest.
6. Please note that your volunteer commitment at UnityPoint Health-Des Moines includes a commitment to confidentiality. Names, diagnoses, and other patient/client information must not be shared. Discussing a patient/client or the patient's/client's condition in the halls, cafeteria, or any location which may provide others the opportunity to overhear is strictly prohibited and could create legal liability for UnityPoint Health-Des Moines and for you. This commitment to confidentiality extends to all communications taking place not only in the hospital but outside the hospital too.
7. I hereby give permission for UnityPoint Health-Des Moines to conduct an Iowa criminal history and dependent adult/child abuse registry check with the Division of Criminal Investigation.
8. I grant UnityPoint Health the right to take photographs or video of me in connection with volunteering at UnityPoint Health hospitals and health care facilities. I authorize UnityPoint Health, its assigns and transferees, to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. I agree that UnityPoint Health may use such photographs or video of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and web content.