Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Wild on the Greens! Wild on the Greens Golf Tournament is on Thursday, April 2, 2020 and benefits the Zoo’s world-renowned conservation efforts. Held at Talking Stick Golf Club’s two courses designed by the acclaimed team of Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, guests will enjoy a fun round of golf with plenty of snacks and refreshments available on the course, followed by lunch. In addition to a raffle, auction and prizes, guests will have a chance to meet some of the Zoo’s amazing animal ambassadors!
All volunteers must be at least 18 years of age or older.The attire is a black polo or black collared shirt (no logos or other prints). Dress black or khaki pants, capris or shorts (no jean material will be allowed) and closed-toe shoes are also required. *The Phoenix Zoo burgundy core volunteer polo may be worn in place of the black polo/collared shirt.
Thank you again for offering your assistance. We look forward to seeing you soon!
The Phoenix Zoo is committed to providing a variety of service opportunities to our community. However, youth service is limited to our ZooTeens. All other volunteers are required to be over 18. Please provide your date of birth:
Please select your service area. Be aware that once selected and submitted, you are automatically added to the official schedule.
In the event of an emergency whom should we notify?
If interested in bringing a group to volunteer at this event. Please reach out to the volunteer office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How did you find out about this volunteer opportunity?
The Phoenix Zoo strives to provide service opportunities and engage volunteers that reflect the diversity of our community. The following optional prompts are held confidential and used to identify and appreciate the communities we serve.
As a Phoenix Zoo volunteer, I WILL:
- Represent myself with professionalism, dignity and pride and be responsible for conducting myself with courtesy and appropriate behavior.
- Follow through and complete accepted tasks.
- Remain in my assigned area.
- Stay on designated paths unless specified by your staff contact.
- Avoid situations where I am alone with children and/or youth.
- Report suspected violations of these terms to the Zoo volunteer contact immediately.
As a Phoenix Zoo volunteer, I WILL NOT:
- Smoke or use tobacco products on Zoo grounds.
- Use, possess or be under the influence of alcohol at any time while volunteering.
- Use, possess or be under the influence of illegal drugs at any time.
- Touch any guests.
- Be alone at any time with a child. If this occurs I will immediately inform the Zoo volunteer contact.
- Discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, martial status, disability, or sexual orientation.
- Use any discipline that frightens or humiliates any guests.
- Use profanity in the presence of guests.
- Bring children or other non-volunteers with me to my shift.