Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital Midtown. Please review the requirements below, complete the form, and click the submit button at the bottom.
* Volunteers must be 18 years or older and have completed high school.
* Be willing to make a minimum commitment of one four hour shift per week with a minimum of twenty hours per month.
* Attend a mandatory Volunteer Orientation to be scheduled upon acceptance.
ALL APPLICANTS SHOULD CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
1. Are you involved with other organizations, hobbies, work commitments, or have a changing academic schedule that might prevent you from keeping your commitment?
2. Would your schedule allow you to volunteer for six months with no more than 3 absences?
3. Are you available to volunteer once a week, same day and same time every week?
4. Do you have consistent transportation?
5. Are you mature, responsible, outgoing, friendly, proactive and willing to engage people as you help them?
BECOMING A VOLUNTEER:
1. Fill out the Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital Midtown Hospital Adult Volunteer online application or request a printed copy
2. After your completed application and availability has been reviewed, we will contact you to schedule an interview.
Prior to volunteering you will need to complete the Volunteer program immunization requirements. You will be responsible for obtaining those that may be missing. All immunizations must be completed by the time you attend your General Volunteer Orientation
* Two TB skin tests
* Drug Screen
* Varicella Titer
* Flu Shot (required only during flu season typically beginning November 12 ending March 31) and COVID 19 vaccination
If accepted as an Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital Midtown Volunteer, you will be invited to attend a Volunteer Orientation. This is required for participation in the volunteer program. Once you have been oriented, you will be scheduled for your first day on which you will have your ID badge made, select your uniform, learn to sign in/out, and be oriented to your service area.
Once you have been accepted to the program, you will need to contact the Ascension Saint Thomas Hospital Midtown Employee Health Department to schedule your TB test, drug screen, and flu shot (as applicable). Information to be given at your interview.
Please provide the information below as accurately as possible.
**INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED**
If you have worked in the last seven years, please provide information about your employment history.
In regards to volunteer service, are you seeking patient contact, prefer working with the general public, or skilled in organization and clerical tasks?
Are there working conditions or settings that you must or would like to avoid? If so, please explain.
Volunteers are asked to make a minimum commitment of six months with 20 hours per month unless otherwise specified by area of service. Please indicate the days and times you are usually available to volunteer.
Please list any community or school affiliations, previous volunteer experience, and any work experience you may have.