Dear Volunteer Applicant:
Thank you for your interest in the volunteer program at Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center and Sunrise Childrens Hospital. We consider volunteers a vital part of our hospital providing priceless contributions to the well being of our patients, their families, and our staff.
The following are the steps required to become a volunteer:
1. Please complete this online application.
2. Once you have submitted your completed application, you will be contacted by our Volunteer Supervisor and invited to participate in a group meeting that will be conducted at the hospital to further discuss our program opportunities and your possible role in our program. We do not place volunteers for internship, shadowing, or observing positions.
3. To ensure the safety and security of our patients, acceptance into our volunteer program is contingent upon passing a background check, drug test, immunizations check, presenting proof of COVID vaccination and tuberculosis (TB) test. During flu season (September to March), volunteers must obtain a flu vaccination. If you choose not to be vaccinated, you will be required to wear a mask at all times while volunteering at the hospital during flu season.
4. Once you have been cleared of all on-boarding requirements, you will need to attend a 4-hour Volunteer Orientation. During this orientation, you will be educated on Sunrise Hospital mission and values, safety and security protocol, diversity and abuse, ethics and compliance, volunteer policies and procedures, as well as receive necessary hospital training in customer service, HIPPA, infection control (PPE), wheelchair safety, and non-clinical comfort CARE.
5. After you have completed orientation, you will then be scheduled for department specific training. Once this training is completed, you will be placed on a schedule.
Your commitment to your schedule is critical to the overall volunteer program integrity as well as obtaining a positive and productive hospital experience.
Due to the timing necessary for all health and safety processing documentation required as well as completion of orientation and department specific training, becoming a volunteer may take up to 4-6 weeks to complete.
We look forward to meeting with you and having you join our volunteer team making a difference at Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center and Sunrise Children's Hospital. If you have any questions, please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.