Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center (SWCC). Volunteers are an integral part of our team and provide essential staff support. While we are unable to accept all who apply those selected will be making an extremely rewarding commitment to support the animals and the mission of SWCC. We require at least a 6-month commitment of 5 or more hours per week and all volunteers must be 18 years of age or older.
For full consideration, please provide complete information on the form below. All information you provide will be treated by SWCC as confidential.
Our next volunteer informational/interview session is scheduled for late February. Submitting your application now will ensure timely review.
All applicants are required to have taken a tour before they will be considered for an interview. This requirement is so applicants are aware of our location and the mission of SWCC.
(Fields marked with an asterisk are required)
Please share your relevant skills and interests that would benefit Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center.
Please indicate below your top 3 areas of interest. *note clinic openings are extremely rare
Animal Care Volunteers only volunteer on Monday and Thursday Mornings.
Walk with Wildlife Public Tours (Trail Guides) Education volunteer Tuesday through Saturday at varying times depending on scheduled tours.
We do however have many different volunteer opportunities such as events, off-site booths, and animal enrichment as well as office work, and gift shop maintenance and sales just to name a few. These may be needed 7 days a week all hours of the day and some evenings.
Please indicate the days of the week and the time of day you are available.
Help us get to know a little something about you.
1. Why are you interested in Volunteering with Southwest Wildlife?
2. List any experience or training you have working with wildlife.
3. What do you hope or expect to gain from your volunteer experience?
4. Do you have any previous or current employment or volunteer experience that is relevant to animal care, landscape maintenance or guided tours?
1. Do you have any physical limitations that would affect your volunteer responsibilities?
* Please tell us about those limitations
2. Have you ever volunteered for another organization?
* Please list those organizations and your experience with them, also are you still volunteering with them currently.