Please complete this application form if you are interested in becoming a Nebraska Humane Society volunteer. Once you complete the form, click the "CONTINUE" button at the bottom.
The Nebraska Humane Society (NHS) encourages the participation of people who wish to support our mission statement and core values.
The Nebraska Humane Society protects, saves and enriches the lives of animals in the communities we serve.
NHS envisions a community that cherishes the ideals of a humane society, compassionately and responsibly supports the health and welfare of all companion animals, celebrates the natural affinity between humans and animals, and upholds the right of every adoptable animal to have a permanent, loving and responsible home.
We value providing an environment where people and animals are treated with dignity, respect and compassion while promoting teamwork in the passionate pursuit of excellence.
***You must be willing to commit to attending the Orientation and Training classes in order to serve as a volunteer. When those dates and times are established you will receive an e-mail with further instructions.
***After completing both orientation and training, you must be willing to commit to a minimum of 8 hours per month for at least 6 months.
***All volunteeers may be subject to a background check.
***You must be at least 19 years of age.
***You must have an e-mail address and access it frequently as that is our primary means of communication with volunteers.
CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED. You will be contacted to confirm your participation in orientation and training.
PLEASE FILL THIS APPLICATION OUT COMPLETELY. Incomplete applications will be discarded.
In the event of an emergency whom should we notify?
Please list your current or most recent employer, if applicable.
Please indicate the days and times you are usually available to volunteer.
The following volunteer assignments may currently be available. You may click the assignment names to learn more about each position.
I understand and agree that submitting this application form does not automatically register me as a Nebraska Humane Society volunteer, and that there may be certain qualifications I must meet, including the acceptance of established volunteer policies and procedures before I may begin volunteering.
Liability Release & Waiver:
1. Volunteering: The volunteer desires to provide services on a strictly volunteer basis for the Nebraska Humane Society ("NHS") at assigned times and locations (whether at NHS or elsewhere on behalf of NHS) and completing assigned activities. The undersigned is responsible for consulting with a physician regarding the volunteer's fitness to volunteer for NHS generally and with regard to specific activities, and for determining and obtaining any vaccines necessary as a result of volunteering for NHS.
2. Application: This Waiver and Release shall apply to each separate occasion of volunteering for NHS.
3. Release and Indemnification: The undersigned fully understands the nature of the activities involved in volunteering for NHS and the risk of bodily injury/death and property damage/loss associated with such activities (including, but not limited to (a) presence of and interaction with animals and the inherent risks of animal behavior, including, but not limited to, animal bites, (b) presence of and interaction with guests, agents, employees, trainers, and volunteers, and (c) presence of and interaction with allergens at NHS). To the fullest extent permitted by law, by signing this Waiver and Release, the undersigned (on behalf of the undersigned) is forever waiving, releasing, discharging, and agreeing to indemnify and hold harmless the Nebraska Humane Society and its affiliates, directors, officers, agents, employees, trainers, and volunteers from any and all claims, demands, losses, injuries, and damages of any kind or nature (whether present or future) and however caused that result from or arise out of volunteering for NHS, except if solely caused by NHS's willful misconduct or gross negligence. In no event shall NHS be liable for incidental, indirect, punitive, special, or consequential damages.
4. Restrictions and Enforcement: The undersigned acknowledges that each volunteer must (a) wear appropriate attire for the activity (including, but not limited to, close-toed, non-slip shoes and long pants), (b) abide by all NHS rules, regulations, policies, and procedures, (c) follow all instructions of NHS personnel, (d) behave in a respectful manner toward all animals, guests, agents, employees, trainers, and volunteers, and (e) comply with all applicable laws. Violating conduct may lead to immediate expulsion of the offending volunteer(s), at the sole discretion of NHS personnel. Any and all decisions made by NHS personnel regarding violation are final and not subject to appeal.
5. Media Release: The undersigned gives permission for NHS to include the volunteer's likeness and image in photographs, videos, printed materials, web pages, social media posts, and local media stories for informational and promotional purposes regarding NHS, without compensation. The undersigned understands the undersigned has no right to review such items prior to their use.
6. Term. This Waiver and Release shall remain in effect until the undersigned delivers a written revocation to NHS, provided that this Waiver and Release will continue to apply to any previous volunteer occasions prior to the revocation.
7. Execution: Each volunteer must submit a complete and executed Waiver and Release to volunteer for NHS. Any changes to the terms and conditions of this Waiver and Release that are unilaterally made by the undersigned are null and void and of no legal effect. This Waiver and Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Nebraska. By signing below, the undersigned acknowledges and agrees that the undersigned has read, fully understands, and voluntary signs this Waiver and Release.
By submitting this form, I attest that the information I have provided on the form is true and accurate.