Thank you for your interest in bringing your (business / community) organization to HALO Animal Rescue for a rewarding volunteer opportunity. We are so happy and humbled to hear you would like to spend some time with us and our pets!
We usually enlist groups to help with daily tasks such as:
• Cleaning kennels/play yards
• Walking dogs/Playing with Cats
• Organizing storage areas
• Washing dishes
These projects do not always include hands-on contact with the animals in our care, but they are all very important aspects of helping animals in need.
If you are interested in helping as a regular volunteer, please read about additional volunteering opportunities on our main volunteer tab on the website, and/or by completing the individual volunteer application also located on our website.
If your group is interested in volunteering with the HALO Animal Rescue:
• We request that your group consist of no more than 10 people.
• The minimum age to volunteer is 18 years old.
• Please commit to volunteering for at least three hours. Shifts are usually 8-11, 9-12, or 8-12.
• Volunteer activities may take place outside as well as inside, so be sure to bring sunblock and water as needed.
• Group volunteer projects taking place in the morning will primarily assist with cleaning.
• We request you make arrangements at least two weeks in advance of the date you are requesting. HALO Animal Rescue operates under minimal staffing and not all dates will be available.
Scheduling your group:
To arrange for your group to volunteer at the HALO Animal Rescue, please complete our group volunteer application and then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to relay that the application has been completed. We can realistically accommodate the group on most days/times, but it is always on a case by case basis. If you just give us a date and time that work best for your group, we’ll do our best to ensure we can accommodate it.
Thank you very much for your support and willingness to help. We couldn't do our work without you!!