While participating as a Volunteer, I agree to:
1. Arrive on time for my shift.
2. Follow all rules, and safety guidelines set forth by the Museum and instructions of gallery staff and management.
3. Take time to learn the gallery exhibits to be able to interact with children and their families.
4. Work hard as a team member and participate in daily cleaning and other duties of my assignment.
5. Try to build excellent customer service skills to be able to engage best with visitors- this includes making eye contact and welcoming visitors.
6. Do not use my cell phone during my assignment.
7. Take breaks on time and return to my workstation on time.
8. Never touch a child and/or be alone with them.
9. Never form an inappropriate relationship with adult (18 or older) staff, volunteer, or visitor. I understand that adult staff are not allowed to fraternize with me after working hours in person or social media.
10. Never be in an isolated situation with or accept a ride from adult staff or volunteer.
11. Maintain a work environment free of discrimination and unlawful harassment.
12. Refrain from drug, alcohol, or cigarette use.
13. Not bring weapons to the Museum or to any off-site function.
Failure to abide by the above rules will result in first a verbal, then a written warning. A third infraction will result in terminating your volunteer work status. The following infractions will result in immediate termination:
•Failure to remain enrolled in school
•Causing or threatening bodily harm to visitor, employee, or volunteer
•Saying racial slurs, sexual slurs, off color remarks or other inappropriate language while on duty.
•Drug or alcohol use
•Theft of any kind
I certify that I have read, understand, and agree to all points of the above agreement, expectations, and disciplinary procedures. I attest that all of the information submitted on this application is true, correct, and complete. I understand that if any false information, omissions, or misrepresentations may be considered sufficient cause for dismissal.