Volunteer Application Form
Please complete this Asheville Humane Society Volunteer Application Form. Once you complete all fields, click the submit button at the bottom of the page. All fields with an * are required before your application can be submitted.
Please enter a password that:
Is between 4 and 30 characters long
Date of birth:
OK to call here
Please list any experience you have working with animals.
Please indicate any talents or skills that could be helpful such as crafts, carpentry, computer expertise, etc...
Please list any restrictions/constraints that would affect your ability to consistently volunteer.
Please indicate the days and times you are usually available to volunteer.
Waiver & Release
In consideration for the opportunity to volunteer with Asheville Humane Society, I hereby represent and agree to the following:
1. I, the Volunteer, am 18 years of age or older, or I am the parent or legal guardian of the Volunteer who is less than 18 years of age.
2. I understand, recognize, and appreciate that there are risks and dangers, inherent or otherwise, in volunteering for the Asheville Humane Society, including but not limited to those risks associated with the handling of animals and the performance of other similar volunteer activities. I am submitting this Release and Liability Waiver voluntarily and of my own free will. If the Volunteer is younger than 18 years of age, I hereby consent to the Volunteer’s full participation and the volunteering of his/her services to the Asheville Humane Society.
3. I, on behalf of myself and my heirs, executors, administrators, assigns, and any and all persons claiming by and through me, and on behalf of the Volunteer if the Volunteer is younger than 18 years of age, hereby release and agree to hold harmless and indemnify Asheville Humane Society and all of its officers, directors, employees, agents, board members, former employees, and representatives from any and all claims, liabilities, and damages, known or unknown, that I and/or the Volunteer (if the Volunteer is younger than 18 years of age) may sustain from any bodily injury, personal injury, or property damage that may arise from my and/or the Volunteer’s volunteering for Asheville Humane Society. This Release and Liability Waiver shall be binding on all parties, their heirs, successors, and assigns.
4. I understand that public relations are an important part of a Volunteer’s activities on behalf of Asheville Humane Society. I hereby irrevocably grant Asheville Humane Society and its agents the right to use my and/or the Volunteer’s, if the Volunteer is younger than 18 years of age, name, likeness, and any photographs of me for any purpose, including public relations, promotion, advertising, or other purposes. To the extent practicable, Asheville Humane Society will make reasonable efforts to give me advance notice of any such use, but such notification is not a condition to the use of my and/or the Volunteer’s name, likeness, or any photographs of me.
5. I agree to comply with all of Asheville Humane Society’s rules, policies, and procedures, and I understand that my failure to do so may result in my no longer being allowed to volunteer for Asheville Humane Society.
6. I acknowledge that I have read and understand the entire Release and Liability Waiver. By signing below, I hereby accept the above terms and conditions and agree to be legally bound by them.
Return to Volunteer Services