Thank you for your interest in opening your home to an animal in need. Foster homes provide a temporary safe place for some of our most vulnerable animals to rest and heal. Foster families also care for kittens and puppies until they are old and big enough for adoption. If you aren’t ready or able to adopt an animal to provide a permanent home, but are looking for a way to help an animal in need temporarily, fostering is a very rewarding way to prepare an animal for its forever home.
Please complete this application form. Once you complete the form, click the Continue button at the bottom.
Prior to completing the application, please review the information below.
• You must be at least 19 years of age
• We ask that you provide a foster home to an animal in need at least one time per year
• You must agree to a home visit prior to fostering
• You must have a flexible schedule that allows you to bring your foster animal to NHS for scheduled vet visits
• You must live in Nebraska and within 30 minutes of Nebraska Humane Society
• If you rent, you must maintain compliance with the pet policy as indicated on your lease agreement
• You must be willing to participate in required training provided to NHS foster care givers
• You must have access to an active email account that you will check regularly to receive emails about animals needing foster care, updates, and other communication from the foster care department
• You may be subject to a background check