Thank you for your interest in becoming an official remote volunteer with Lifeline Animal Project! Our organization is on a mission to end the euthanasia of healthy and treatable pets in metro Atlanta. Are you in?
If so, please complete this remote volunteer application to join our remote volunteer team and to start changing lives!
Note: Please select to receive electronic newsletters to receive notice of when we begin to onboard in-shelter volunteers. We hope to begin this in early 2021.
Requirements for becoming an official Remote Volunteer:
- Must complete this application and agree to all terms and policies.
- Must care about the welfare of animals.
- Must be kind and courteous to staff, volunteers, fosters, and those you encounter remotely while representing LifeLine Animal Project.
- Must review our Remote Volunteer PDF and the links within to better understand our mission, programming, philosophy, and to ensure you know how to represent and communicate this information accurately to the general public.
LifeLine could not thrive without the time and talents that volunteers contribute to our mission. Some of our volunteers work remotely to help get the pets we care for adopted and to spread awareness, some volunteers work in-shelter directly with our homeless pets, and others are involved in other essential organizational operations beyond animal care.
Please click on any of the boxes below if you have any particular skills you would like to contribute while volunteering with LifeLine Animal Project.
Please feel free to share your employer information with us to help us build our partnerships with nonprofits, businesses, and corporations.
We also encourage you to see if your current employer matches donations by visiting this website: https://doublethedonation.com/lifelineanimal
Have you ever been convicted of a felony?
Have you ever received a citation for animal cruelty, animal neglect, animal nuisance or lack of shelter?
In order to login to your volunteer portal you will need to create a password. Follow the prompt below to create your password that you will then use along with your email address to login to LifeLine's volunteer portal.
During the course of volunteerism, you may perform services for LifeLine Animal Project which may require disclosure of confidential and proprietary information; access to any documents, databases, or any other information or materials maintained by LifeLine Animal Project. By accessing the materials or information systems of LifeLine Animal Project, you agree to abide by any access and acceptable usage policies LifeLine Animal Project establishes (e.g. Social Media Policy).
Confidential Information is any information of any kind, nature, or description concerning any matters affecting or relating to LifeLine Animal Project, the business or operations of LifeLine Animal Project, and/or other data of LifeLine Animal Project. Confidential Information shall include any information, including but not limited to, internal LifeLine activities, proprietary LifeLine information, donor names, information and projects, vendor and contractor information, lists, and payment history, foster records and home checks, adoption records, volunteer records, reasons for returns, reasons for surrenders, veterinary and/or medical records, court case information including the animals involved, rescue partner lists, contact information, and/or pick-up schedules, animal care techniques, customer lists and projects, data of any kind, operating methods, costing, pricing and financial data, financial statements and projections, project results and tests, LifeLine business plans and proposals, data and information that LifeLine receives in confidence from any other party, personnel matters, or any confidential matters of the organization.
Accordingly, to protect LifeLine Animal Project’s confidential information that will be disclosed to you, you agree as follows:
A. You agree that all information contained in LifeLine’s various information database accounts is confidential and is the property of LifeLine.
B. You will hold the confidential information received from LifeLine Animal Project in strict confidence and shall exercise a reasonable degree of care to prevent disclosure to others; you agree not to share your password or access to your accounts with anyone.
C. You will not reproduce the confidential information nor use this information commercially or for any purpose other than the performance of your duties for LifeLine Animal Project. Examples of non-approved usage include, but are not limited to, using information obtained to contact adopters, fosters, and rescue partners, and/or accessing adoption contracts, rescue partner notes, and personal information, or any other information for any personal purpose or gain.
D. You agree that your access to and use of the information is limited to legitimate LifeLine usage and will terminate when your volunteer status terminates.
E. You will not disclose or divulge either directly or indirectly the confidential information to others unless first authorized to do so in writing by LifeLine Animal Project. This includes, but is not limited to, sharing any previously defined confidential information like pet, foster, and/or adopter's information (via social media, digitally, or in-person) with any other person or making copies (electronic, digital download, or paper copies).
LifeLine Animal Project reserves the right to take disciplinary action, up to and including removing access and/or termination from the volunteer program for violations of this agreement.
By clicking 'I Agree' you agree to the terms and conditions stated above.
1. I understand that while representing LifeLine Animal Project as a remote volunteer that I must act in accordance with non-judgmental and non-discrimination practices and agree to abide by all additional guidelines, policies and procedures shared with me. I agree to be supervised by the Volunteer & Events Coordinator, appropriate LifeLine staff, or their superiors and will directly report to the Volunteer & Events Coordinator or Content Team Members. If I fail to abide by the terms of this agreement, I may be terminated from the volunteer program. I understand that I may at any time with or without cause be removed from my position as a volunteer at the sole discretion of LifeLine Animal Project.
2. I understand that I may be handling or may be exposed to animals while providing my volunteer services for LifeLine Animal Project and therefore there exists a risk for personal injury. On behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives and executor, I release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless LifeLine Animal Project, its agents, servants and employees from any and all claims, causes of action or demands of any nature or cause connected with my volunteer services at the LifeLine shelter or elsewhere. This includes any costs, attorney’s fees and court costs in connection with my volunteer services based on damages or injuries which I may incur in any way while volunteering at the shelter or at another location. Such damages are not limited to but may include animal bites, accidents, injuries and personal property damage.
3. I agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold LifeLine Animal Project harmless for any and all damage to my personal property while providing my volunteer services to LifeLine, its agents, servants and employees.
4. In connection with my activities as a LifeLine volunteer, I further agree to release, hold harmless, and indemnify LifeLine Animal Project, its officers, superiors, employees, and agents from any and all claims, damages, and liability arising from my driving or riding as a passenger while volunteering or while in any motor vehicle owned, operated or leased by LifeLine Animal Project, its officers, superiors, employees, volunteers and agents.
5. I understand that public relations are an important aspect of volunteer work at LifeLine Animal Project. I, therefore, agree on behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives, and executors to allow LifeLine Animal Project and its agents to use any photographs, video or film taken of me for use in any public relations efforts including brochures, newspaper articles, newsletters, social media platforms, website, etc.
6. I understand and agree that submitting this application form does not automatically register me as an in-shelter LifeLine Animal Project volunteer, and that there may be certain qualifications I must meet, including, digital orientations, onsite, in-person orientations, and the acceptance of established volunteer policies and procedures before I may begin volunteering in-shelter.
By clicking 'I Agree', I attest that the information I have provided on the form is true and accurate and I agree that I have read and fully understand the terms and conditions of this volunteer agreement and I willingly comply with all of its conditions.
By checking 'I Agree' you agree to abide by LifeLine Animal Project's policies while performing remote volunteer activities for our organization.