Please complete this application form if you are interested in becoming a Richmond Animal League foster. Once you complete the form, click the submit button at the bottom.
Please also list if the animals in your home spayed/neutered?
Please list ages if so.
If yes, please explain and provide as much details as possible.
Please note, on average, most animals are in need of homes for 4 weeks to a few months until they are adopted. Foster times depend on age of animal, medical needs, and social networking to show the animal is available.
Please list any and all types of pets you are willing to foster. This can include adult pets, neo-natal kittens and puppies, litters, etc.
Does your HOA or landlord allow pets or have pet restrictions such as breed or weight limits?
Please let us know if there are additional details we should know when placing fosters in your home.
Please list a person to notify in case of emergency.
1. I fully understand and agree that my services are provided strictly in a VOLUNTEER CAPACITY.
2. I fully understand and agree that I am providing services to the RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE strictly as a VOLUNTEER.
3. I fully understand and agree to provide my services to the RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE as a VOLUNTEER in a VOLUNTEER CAPACITY without any expressed or implied promise of salary, commission, payment, or compensation of any kind what-so-ever.
4. I fully understand and agree to provide my services to the RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE as a VOLUNTEER in a VOLUNTEER CAPACITY without any employment-type benefits, including, but not limited to, employment insurance programs, workers’ compensation accrual in any form, or sick, holiday, or annual leave time.
5. I fully understand that the RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE handles large numbers of animals of unknown temperament on a daily basis. I agree to hold the RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE harmless from any liability for any injury(ies) or disease(s) which I might sustain from handling animals during the course of my VOLUNTEER duties.
6. I fully understand and agree to assume all risks involved in any and all duties that I perform for the RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE in my VOLUNTEER CAPACITY whether on-site at the kennel or offsite. Such duties may consist of, but are not limited to, animal handling, custodial work, and kennel staff.
7. I fully understand and agree that prior to working in the kennel as a VOLUNTEER for the RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE, everyone must attend an orientation session conducted by the Director of Kennel Operations, Volunteer Coordinator, or other person designated by the Director of Kennel Operations and receive training appropriate to the type of VOLUNTEER duties I will perform.
8. I fully understand and agree that no other individual(s) (including friends and family members) can assist with my volunteer activities without first attending an orientation session conducted by the Director of Kennel Operations or other person designated by the Director of Kennel Operations and receiving training appropriate to the type of VOLUNTEER duties they will perform.
9. I agree to familiarize myself with the RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE policies and procedures and fully comply with these procedures. I further understand and agree that being a VOLUNTEER does not entitle me to any special consideration with regards to these policies and procedures.
10. I fully understand that the RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE expects high standards of moral and ethical treatment of the animals in its care. I agree to strictly adhere to these standards in my voluntary capacity at the RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE.
11. I fully understand and agree that at its sole discretion the RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE may end this VOLUNTEER relationship for any reason what-so-ever or no reason at all.
12. I acknowledge receipt of my RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE VOLUNTEER HANDBOOK and agree to read it thoroughly and follow all procedures.
PRINT YOUR NAME AND TODAY'S DATE BELOW, having fully read and understood the above terms and conditions, hereby agree to accept a position with the RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE as a VOLUNTEER performing VOLUNTEER duties for generous or charitable reasons in a VOLUNTEER CAPACITY. I further understand that by agreeing to accept my services as a VOLUNTEER, the RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE is under no obligation to provide me with compensation of any kind what-soever,to guarantee that my services will be needed for any period of time and that no liability will be incurred by that RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE to anyone, including myself, for the performance of voluntary action or duties.
I agree to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold the RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE harmless for any and all damages to my person and/or property while performing as a VOLUNTEER in a VOLUNTEER CAPACITY any and all duties for the RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE. I recognize there exists a risk of injury or illness, including personal injury or harm in handling animals at the RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE in a VOLUNTEER CAPACITY. On behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives and executors, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless the RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE, its agents, affiliates, servants, employees, and Board of Directors from any and all claims, causes of action, or demands, of any nature or cause connected with my VOLUNTEER SERVICES. This is to include any costs and/or attorney’s fees incurred by the RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE related to damages incurred or sustained by me in any way in connection with my VOLUNTEER SERVICES. Such damages or injuries might include, but are not limited to animal bites and scratches, injuries, and personal property damage. I further understand that public relations is an important part of my volunteering at the RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE. I agree, therefore, on behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives, and executors to allow the RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE to use any photograph or audio/video recording taken of me for use in a public relations effort. Any photographic images or audio/video tapes in which I appear will become the property of the RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE, which can use them in any and all ways it sees fit. The RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE will use reasonable efforts to notify me but such notification is not a pre-condition to the release of the photographs under the auspices of the RICHMOND ANIMAL LEAGUE. I acknowledge that I have read and fully understand the TERMS AND CONDITIONS of the foregoing VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT and VOLUNTEER SERVICES RELEASE and that I will comply with same.
PRINT NAME AND DATE BELOW
The code of Virginia (section 3.26546:2) states “each animal shelter shall obtain a signed statement for each of its directors, operators, staff and animal care givers specifying that the individual has never been convicted of animal cruelty, neglect, or abandonment and each animal shelter shall update each such statement as changes occur.”
By signing below you are indicating that you have not been convicted of animal cruelty, neglect, or abandonment and that you agree to update your statement as changes occur.
SIGN YOUR NAME AND TODAY'S DATE BELOW
I agree not to place my foster animals in the care of someone other then myself without the consent of RAL staff. I also agree to call Richmond Animal League immediately should I have any problems with the health or behavior of the foster animals in my care. Additionally, I understand and have the ability to keep my foster animals secluded from my pets for a minimum of two weeks to be sure none of the animals have contagious illnesses.