Thank you for your interest in volunteering at UCHealth Highlands Ranch Hospital with your therapy animal. (Please note that only dogs and miniature horses are eligible for this program.) Therapy animals and their handlers play an important and meaningful role in providing extraordinary care to our patients and their families. Please complete this application form in its entirety if you are interested in applying to be a Pet Therapy Volunteer Team at UCHealth Highlands Ranch Hospital. (Please note that all Pet Therapy Team Handlers must be at least 21 years of age.) Once complete, click the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the form.
Following submission of this form, you will be contacted to schedule an interview with the UCHealth Highlands Ranch Hospitality Services Manager, Melissa Strickland or a member of the Pet Therapy Leadership Team.
If you are accepted into the program, you will be required to submit the following:
1) Proof of current membership in an organization that provides national certification including, but not limited to:
- Therapy Dogs International
- Pet Partners
- Alliance of Therapy Dogs (ATD)
- Go Team
2) Proof of current rabies vaccination.
3) Current Health Certificate including a list of vaccinations from your veterinarian.
4) Complete 1-2 shadow visits with an experienced Pet Therapy Team.
We look forward to meeting you! If you have any questions, please call Melissa Strickland at 720.516.0186